Hotel chain sustainability director desires advice on QCs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd be fine with even L1 at a hotel. If you can put twice as many L1 for the price, that could be a good idea.

But regardless, I love how seriously this business is taking this. Very nice to see!

JPWhite said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Why is a hotel installing L3? Unless it's one of those hotels that charges by the hour :lol: :lol:

L3 is rather unusual for a Hotel since guests will spend multiple hours there. Better to spend the money on L2's and allow guests to charge for free. (Unless you want guests to get up in the middle of the night to move their vehicle).

Part of their thinking is to replace their current CNG airport shuttles with BEV. ENV200 would be good if they ever get around to selling it here. The CNG is problematic for them as there's only one refueling station. They make an airport run every half hour.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
JPWhite said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Why is a hotel installing L3? Unless it's one of those hotels that charges by the hour :lol: :lol:

L3 is rather unusual for a Hotel since guests will spend multiple hours there. Better to spend the money on L2's and allow guests to charge for free. (Unless you want guests to get up in the middle of the night to move their vehicle).

Part of their thinking is to replace their current CNG airport shuttles with BEV. ENV200 would be good if they ever get around to selling it here. The CNG is problematic for them as there's only one refueling station. They make an airport run every half hour.

I was thinking a BEV Mini-Bus would be a great application for the L3. In a airport Shuttle, Very defined route, very slow...
I would still keep a ICE bus on standby. (I assume the CNG Station is non-onsite), If there is a power outage, the GenSet @ the Hotel can keep the Hotel running at minimum level, but they would be unable to do the Shuttle and Airport Hotel a shuttle is there life blood, there GenSet would not be able to provide the power to re-charge the BEV Mini-Buses.

One thing to consider will cars be able to get to the L3, If they are consistently re-charging there buses?
My Guess a Hotel would have two Mini-Buses. (Maybe 1 BEV, and 1 CNG/ICE).

I just Google the ENV200, Looks way to small to be used as a Hotel Shuttle. 4 Passengers +Driver,

I guess if they could flip the 2nd row around and put a 3rd row (2 seat) to allow room for baggage it could work. (But I don't think so).

They would have to come up with a longer model to allow 6P + 1D and 1 Carry on, and .5 Large Suitcase Per Passenger.

If I ran a hotel, I would concentrate on free L2 charging for customers only. The idea is to get people comfortable and hang around for awhile. Most L3 charging is attended. The owner is normally sitting in the car on his or her smartphone texting away while the car is charging and immediately leaves when the charge is complete. Maybe one of those mini 20kw ones would be a good idea for a restaurant or shopping center, but you need to make sure your patron spends at least 45 minutes there. The high power ones should be at a gas staton right off the highway, and just charge a 5 dollar flat fee.

Back