Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PracticingHuman said:
What I don't understand is why Honda is splitting its focus between the hybrid and the Fit EV. It seems like a conservative campaign but a costly one over the long haul. Even providing the Fit EV in very limited markets would have to cost them a chunk of change, right? Looks like they're trying to serve two masters.
Honda presentation at Fit EV introduction showed CAFE regulations driving changing vehicle mix from ICE, thru Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid, toward BEV/FCEV. Their Technology Analysis shows increasingly electrified technologies to have "Very Good" Market Appeal and Social Value, but "Challenging" Marketability due to Infrastructure, Vehicle Cost, and Full Function (customer range, payload, and turnaround issues).

Current margins come purely from ICE. The pace of transition away from core ICE technologies will be determined by progress in solving those "Challenging" technology issues. The hop from hybrid light (Insight) to pure electric (Clarity), turned out to be a jump too far, hence the Two Motor and Plug-in hybrid interim steps. Honda needs to maintain financial balance, with products grounded in profitable, proven technologies, to finance it’s move toward promising technologies for the future, and found it suffers if it gets ahead of, or behind that curve.

From Plugincars.com:

Honda to Lease Accord Plug-In Hybrid for $429 Per Month.

"Is the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid priced to compete with lease deals offered on other readily available plug-in vehicles in the US? The short answer is "no," but we'll provide details for you to decide.

"On Monday, Honda announced the limited (New York and California only right now) availability of the Accord Plug-In Hybrid. Buried in the press release was Honda's first mention of a lease deal for the Accord PHEV: $429 per month for 36 months; $2,499 total due at signing; option to purchase at lease end $20,285; must take delivery from dealer stock by March 4, 2013. So, the vital numbers there are $429 per month and $2,499 down."

Full article here:

http://www.plugincars.com/honda-lease-accord-plug-hybrid-429-month-126222.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My opinion? Honda is nuts!

Car and Driver comparison test of Fusion Energi and Accord Plug-in:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2013-ford-fusion-energi-titanium-vs-2014-honda-accord-plug-in-hybrid-comparison-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honda plug-in hybrid a work in progress:
http://driving.ca/honda/accord/auto-news/news/honda-plug-in-hybrid-a-work-in-progress/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The front is hideous.i have no much experience about the Honda It reminds me of some kind of Japanese dinosaur or lizard that maybe wants to attack a Toyota Camry. The wheels are similarly bizarre. Forget about bringing any large items home from the store...

That lease deal would work fine with zero down, but that monthly payment on top of a hefty down payment will keep volume low. Which is, I assume, what Honda wants.

Back