History of fueling networks - Petrol vs Electrical

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UkrainianKozak

Does anyone have a good historical and technical timeline for gasoline stations/standards?
Just want to see how long it took for that and we can try to compare where we are with Electrical ;) was there the same battle of standards, like to have different pipe size for Premium, somewhat like they do for Diesel?

I know that people were buying gasoline in pharmacy stores at first... But to me it was like pharmacies... Gas stations on every corner.

I found somewhat good timeline references but can't find the history of standard fueling pistol or whatever that thing is called (I already started to forget gas station terminology, Yey!)

(for example http://www.nacsonline.com/NACS/Reso...2012/Pages/100PlusYearsGasolineRetailing.aspx)
it took almost half a century to get to self-service gas station! in 30s the first one was shutdown by fire marshal as fire hazard... Kind of reminds me the current mandate of expensive EVSEs...

In St. Louis, Automobile Gasoline Co., a subsidiary of Shell of California, opens what is considered to be the first U.S. filling station. Some other accounts suggest that the first gas station was opened by SOCAL in Seattle in 1907.

Ha! Look at how this parallels "The First QC in California" press releases. :lol:

Jeremy

Back