Help for Dealership in Orange County

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought my 2013 SL last weekend at Connell in Costa Mesa. I can't say enough good things about how I was treated. Never once was my intelligence insulted. Never once did they try to give me the run around. I contacted the fleet/internet sales person, Hector Abad, by phone to get a quote. He sent me several quotes via email, because I was not sure which model I wanted. In the end, I was able to get the vehicle for invoice, which from what I gather is pretty good. Again, I was very pleased from start to finish with this dealership. I'm sure it helped that I dealt mostly over the phone with Hector and didn't have to deal with any floor sales people.

If you would like, PM me and I'll contact him to see if he's willing to do a similar deal (invoice) for a "friend". I don't know if I was given special pricing since I work for a local fire dept and they do often give us special pricing. I think you mentioned you were looking for an S with charging package. I think they quoted me like $1800 off MSRP for that one, as I was orininally looking at buying the S with charging package. That was until I test drove the SL, and the leather seats were calling my name. Ended up leasing the top of the line SL with Bose. Sweet ride. Oh, and did I mention that I haven't had to buy any gas for it yet. :D

I had planned to purchase, but apparently there's no guarantee of the federal tax credit. It all depends on your tax situation and I got spooked that I might not get it. The financing they were offering was an incredible 6 year loan at 2% with 740+ FICO. Kinda sorry I didn't go that way, but leasing has it's advantages too. Final deal was $2500 drive off (including $595 lease fee, license, 1st pmt, etc), for $355 a month for 36 months. Only extra I bought was a LoJack which they offered for $210, so I said whatever, throw it in. I get the $2500 back from the state when I submit for the $2500 state tax credit. So essentially zero drive off, and $355 a month for 36 months. It's a lot more than I intended to spend, but I'm thinking I'll buy it out after 3 years if the bottom doesn't fall out of the resale value. If it does, then the bank can have it.

Anyway, I don't mind calling Hector if you let me know what you're looking for, and if you want to lease or buy. Who knows, I may even get a little perk for a referal if you buy one from him!!

Thanks
Jay

Thanks Jay, I sent you a PM to give you my feedback about Hector @ Connell, so far over the phone he seems like a good Sales guy :) I will be bringing my 911 for trade in on friday evening and maybe get a S + charge package if they give me the $$$$$ for my car they told me they will give me over the phone...
so far all of the dealers who gave me a quote for my trade in over the phone, gave me half of it when I went to the dealership :eek:
so wait and see, I'll keep you posted friday night.

jayquinty said:
I just bought my 2013 SL last weekend at Connell in Costa Mesa. I can't say enough good things about how I was treated. Never once was my intelligence insulted. Never once did they try to give me the run around. I contacted the fleet/internet sales person, Hector Abad, by phone to get a quote. He sent me several quotes via email, because I was not sure which model I wanted. In the end, I was able to get the vehicle for invoice, which from what I gather is pretty good. Again, I was very pleased from start to finish with this dealership. I'm sure it helped that I dealt mostly over the phone with Hector and didn't have to deal with any floor sales people.

If you would like, PM me and I'll contact him to see if he's willing to do a similar deal (invoice) for a "friend". I don't know if I was given special pricing since I work for a local fire dept and they do often give us special pricing. I think you mentioned you were looking for an S with charging package. I think they quoted me like $1800 off MSRP for that one, as I was orininally looking at buying the S with charging package. That was until I test drove the SL, and the leather seats were calling my name. Ended up leasing the top of the line SL with Bose. Sweet ride. Oh, and did I mention that I haven't had to buy any gas for it yet. :D

I had planned to purchase, but apparently there's no guarantee of the federal tax credit. It all depends on your tax situation and I got spooked that I might not get it. The financing they were offering was an incredible 6 year loan at 2% with 740+ FICO. Kinda sorry I didn't go that way, but leasing has it's advantages too. Final deal was $2500 drive off (including $595 lease fee, license, 1st pmt, etc), for $355 a month for 36 months. Only extra I bought was a LoJack which they offered for $210, so I said whatever, throw it in. I get the $2500 back from the state when I submit for the $2500 state tax credit. So essentially zero drive off, and $355 a month for 36 months. It's a lot more than I intended to spend, but I'm thinking I'll buy it out after 3 years if the bottom doesn't fall out of the resale value. If it does, then the bank can have it.

Anyway, I don't mind calling Hector if you let me know what you're looking for, and if you want to lease or buy. Who knows, I may even get a little perk for a referal if you buy one from him!!

Thanks
Jay

Back