Help for Dealership in Orange County

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptititoi

Hi,

I will be going tomorrow see 5 dealers in Orange County, California to buy a S with charge package. I've contacted 11 dealers in Orange County and San Diego County and received quotations and finally I will go see this 5:

Nissan Orange
Nissan Garden Grove
Nissan Huntington Beach
Nissan Tustin ( I read already the review on this forum for Franck at this dealer)
Nissan Irvine

Did anybody have already bought a Leaf from on of these dealers and what kind of feedback can you give me?

Thanks a lot.

I personally wouldn't bother with Garden Grove Nissan - they were completely disinterested when I was looking to order my LEAF. As I drive past every morning I check the place for LEAF activity and I'm not even sure they have their demo anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily leave Connell Nissan (Costa Mesa) off your list.

I am in OC (Irvine) but went out to Fontana Nissan to get mine.
Talk to Danny that you are a forum member and he will get you a good deal and come pick you up.
And yes you will have enough range to get home. Although San Clemente might be pushing it ;)

Agreed! I'd not even consider anyone but Fontana!

smkettner said:
Talk to Danny that you are a forum member and he will get you a good deal and come pick you up.

I have no disagreement with Fontana, but Connell has always treated me splendidly. Work with the GM, Mark Ranauro, and tell him that Phil sent you from the forum. ( I don't mean to leave Mike out, I just don't want to speak for him.)

Garden Grove has 6 Leaf, mostly SV, young sales guys over there, with mostly no clue about Leaf specs, deal offer was decent

I removed the one in Costa Mesa, because they gave me a real low trade in value for my car :-(

mwalsh said:
I personally wouldn't bother with Garden Grove Nissan - they were completely disinterested when I was looking to order my LEAF. As I drive past every morning I check the place for LEAF activity and I'm not even sure they have their demo anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily leave Connell Nissan (Costa Mesa) off your list.

ptititoi said:
I removed the one in Costa Mesa, because they gave me a real low trade in value for my car :-(
If you want more $ for a used car, you're usually better of selling on your own. (Yes, it's a pain in the butt. I've done so 3x... well, sorta... "2.5x".) In CA, trading in doesn't save you on sales tax for a new car. :( It does in some other states.

You can also try selling your car to a dealer, to see what they give you. I did that w/my 350Z (to a Nissan dealer). I posted a bit of my story at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=269430#p269430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If they think they can turn around and sell it on their (or an affiliated) lot for a profit, they'll give you more than if they have to dump it an auction.

My friend who bought a new '11 Prius at a Toyota dealer tried trading in her pretty old Accord. They offered her a very low amount. We took it next door the the Honda dealer and they gave her much more (about double). She found their offer acceptable and took it.

well it's 70 miles drive, unless I drive at 50 mph on the freeway I'm going to have my AAA ;-)

smkettner said:
And yes you will have enough range to get home. Although San Clemente might be pushing it ;)

Just use carwoo.com that's what I did. Got mine today BTW. :p
It'll save your time and money.

I received 6 offers. 4 for sticker (+/- $800) and 2 really great around $26k drive-off (SV with QC) - from Tustin and Puente Hills. I went with Tustin (ask for Scott - he's really nice).
Irvine (OC Nissan?) isn't bad as well.

If you drive from Fontana (they also deliver), you may want to
stop and charge at Tustin Nissan, OCNissan, or my house in
Laguna Hills, about 1 mile west of I-5.

I drove, and made it Ok.
PM if you want to chat.

Join us on March 23rd at the SoCal Region LEAF Gathering
at the Hometown Buffet, roughly 8 to 11 AM,
in Santa Ana, on 17th street, just 2 blocks East of I-5.

Thanks for your replies, so I went to the first 3 Nissan guys:
Nissan Orange
Nissan Garden Grove
Nissan Huntington Beach

Nice people overhaul , they have pretty much all the same deal either for the S with 6.6 KW charge option or the SV, they give you what they call the costco deal (-$500 MSRP)
My issue is more on the trade in side, I have an old well maintained porsche carrera 911 1999 cab that had an accident on the right side 10 years ago, way before I bought it (bought the car in 2008). So of course they say that they can not retail it and if they get my car they will have to send it to the auctions. So I put my car on Craigslist and autotrader, I stopped by Carmax in Irvine but the appraisal time was taking so long that I gave up.
So hopefully I'll be able t o sell my car before the Incentive ends, otherwise I will have to wait for the next incentive....

ptititoi said:
Hi,

I will be going tomorrow see 5 dealers in Orange County, California to buy a S with charge package. I've contacted 11 dealers in Orange County and San Diego County and received quotations and finally I will go see this 5:

Nissan Orange
Nissan Garden Grove
Nissan Huntington Beach
Nissan Tustin ( I read already the review on this forum for Franck at this dealer)
Nissan Irvine

Did anybody have already bought a Leaf from on of these dealers and what kind of feedback can you give me?

Thanks a lot.

so far best deal in Orange County, California for a Leaf S with the charge package 12 000 miles/year, lease 36 months is:
$2500 down, and $200+tax/month.

If someone wants to know which dealer, just hit me on MP ;)

Keep in mind that if you do go with Fontana (I'd at least give Danny a call if I were you), there is an elevation advantage which helps if you're driving a new LEAF from there. Fontana Nissan is at 1500' elevation, so the 70 mile drive to San Clemente would be pretty easy. While you should be able to do 65+ mph the whole way, I'd still keep speed at no more than 60 mph just for added comfort, maybe a tad slower when climbing the big hill on the 241 toll road.

so in summary, spent a lot of time driving around Orange County this week end, and I would recommend 2 of them:
Nissan Huntington Beach, Nissan San Juan Capistrano, Nissan Garden Grove just for the fact that they were straight forward with me, not trying too much (they are still sales guys...) to sell me something that I did not want to buy and knew pretty well about the Leaf, except the one in GG.
What I hated the most was the sales pitch about the 100 miles range :)

So don't bother going to Orange Nissan and Nissan Irvine that would be my personal advice.

I did not go to the one in Costa Mesa and the one in Tustin (tired of driving around and hear pretty much ALWAYS the same things/deals).

Good luck with your purchase :)

If I remember correctly there are a couple in the parking structure under the Crate & Barrel and a few more across the street to the north by the valet parking station. The Chargepoint or Plugshare maps should give you the information you need to find them.

Excellent, thanks a lot ;)

SanDust said:
If I remember correctly there are a couple in the parking structure under the Crate & Barrel and a few more across the street to the north by the valet parking station. The Chargepoint or Plugshare maps should give you the information you need to find them.

ptititoi said:
oh yeah, where is the charger exactly?
smkettner said:
You can also charge free at South Coast Plaza if you have first trip anxiety.
Three Chargepoint at the Nordstrom valet. This is the north parking structure between Sears and Nordstrom. You will need a Chargepoint card or call the number listed. I believe the valet also has a card to get you charging. It is self park at the EV spots although I suppose the valet (not free) would set you up.

Across Bear Street at SCP West (was known as Crystal Court) the charge connectors are in the lower level parking near Bear Street. There is one Chargepoint and one ClipperCreek. The ClipperCreek is open for charging with no network cards or account needed.

http://www.southcoastplaza.com/visit#electric-vehicle-ev-charging-station

Back