Help! After turtle mode: What's the best thing to do??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vin944 said:
Hit turtle right before pulling into the charger. Here is a picture of the charge state after plugging in. This was my first time hitting turtle and I was surprised at how quickly turtle popped up after the last bar disappeared. I was limited to 10 KW on turtle. My question is, how far approx could I have driven on turtle? Thanks.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hcs367jkhm5h24y/Low.on.Juice1.jpg#
Turtle is basically to get you off the road, not really drive on. The one time I hit turtle was on local streets with no one else really on the road. I was less than 1 mile from home and either flat or downhill, with the last 500 feet or so to my house all down hill. I just barely coasted into the garage but had to push the car for the last 5 feet, whew! too close for comfort. Again IMO turtle isn't really meant to get you anywhere, just get you to the side of the road out of traffic.

vin944 said:
I was limited to 10 KW on turtle. My question is, how far approx could I have driven on turtle?
The one and only time I saw turtle was 1.7 miles from home. It happened at 6% SOC (MY2011) and the road was flat to very slightly downhill until my driveway. I was *already* driving very slowly (<25 MPH) when turtle came on. The driveway was slightly uphill. The battery disconnected at 3% SOC as I drove up the driveway and the LEAF coasted to a stop about 30 feet from the garage. The kids got out and pushed me up to the garage so we could charge.

RegGuheert said:
vin944 said:
I was limited to 10 KW on turtle. My question is, how far approx could I have driven on turtle?
The one and only time I saw turtle was 1.7 miles from home. It happened at 6% SOC (MY2011) and the road was flat to very slightly downhill until my driveway. I was *already* driving very slowly (<25 MPH) when turtle came on. The driveway was slightly uphill. The battery disconnected at 3% SOC as I drove up the driveway and the LEAF coasted to a stop about 30 feet from the garage. The kids got out and pushed me up to the garage so we could charge.
Interesting.................thanks all. So with the Chademo telling me 1% http://www.mediafire.com/view/hcs367jkhm5h24y/Low.on.Juice1.jpg#, does that mean I was at 1% SOC (also 2011) or will Leaf Spy translate Chademo's 1% to LS's 6%? Thanks.

Back