Hello there from West Covina, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackLeaf13

Hello everyone. Great forum with great people. Picked up my 2013 black Leaf SV last Saturday and have enjoyed gas free driving. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

image.jpg

BlackLeaf13 said:
Hello everyone. Great forum with great people. Picked up my 2013 black Leaf SV last Saturday and have enjoyed gas free driving. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

image.jpg

Congratulations. Now get out there and drive!!!

Ian B

Welcome, and congratulations on the new car! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. :D

I hope West Covina Nissan was nicer to you than they were to a coworker of mine last year. I don't know all the details, but the gist of it is that he thought he had agreed to purchase at a decent price under MSRP, but by the end of negotiations, he'd been pressured into an absolutely horrible lease. I recall him telling me that he was paying over $500/month (for a lease!) and the residual was something ridiculous like over $30k. I suspect that because he was fairly old and English was not his first language, the sharks smelled blood and went for the kill. I don't think the poor guy really understood what he was agreeing to. Last I'd talked to him, he said he was thinking about dumping the car and going back to China... he hasn't been here in several months now.

Err, sorry for getting a little sidetracked. :roll:

You might consider coming to one of the SoCal LEAF meetups if you have a free Saturday morning. Lots of nice people and interesting discussions, especially for the technically inclined. I haven't been to one in several months, but keep meaning to attend another soon... Next one is tomorrow in Cerritos: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baronvonshush said:
I hope West Covina Nissan was nicer to you than they were to a coworker of mine last year. I don't know all the details, but the gist of it is that he thought he had agreed to purchase at a decent price under MSRP, but by the end of negotiations, he'd been pressured into an absolutely horrible lease. I recall him telling me that he was paying over $500/month (for a lease!) and the residual was something ridiculous like over $30k. I suspect that because he was fairly old and English was not his first language, the sharks smelled blood and went for the kill. I don't think the poor guy really understood what he was agreeing to. Last I'd talked to him, he said he was thinking about dumping the car and going back to China... he hasn't been here in several months now.

My experience with WC Nissan wasn't as horrible as your co-workers, but I did NOT buy a vehicle from them, and will not refer business to them after the way I was treated. The OP can PM me for the details if he/she wishes.

Anyway, congrats to the OP.

Looks just like my 2012 right down to the color, but you got the 6.6KW Level II charging capability in your SV. I'm jealous. Congrats and enjoy!

I bought the car through VPP from my work. No hassle except it still took 4 hours to complete the transaction. Sales guy knew very little about the car. Jeff the finance guy was alright but he did not offer any info for home chargers or even the rewards program they have. Overall experience was ok.

Back