hello i am new here ! i own a volt looking 4 a second car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007martin

:D first sorry for the typing i ma not good at it an i also speak french so english is not my primary language
:mrgreen:
hello leaf people ! i am located in south Florida ! i own a Chevy volt ! i love it for long trip ! i am actually looking for a full electric car as a second car i love the leaf ! but all the dealer i south florida re not really in to selling the leaf just like my volt i had to go out of state to get a decent price .....also at my work i convinced the CEO off my company to buy 3 electric car for the city driving of all the project manager PROBABLY I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A GOOD DEAL HERE ! if any dealer ship reading this post just get back to me ! or if any of you have any suggestion let me know

Welcome! There are a number of other form numbers with both a Volt and a LEAF in the household, enabling them to use electricity for all of their short distance driving and still handle long drives. Of course, the LEAF has more electric range than the Volt, cost less, and seats five.

The only issue I see with your situation is that you are in a location that stays very warm. Because it has no cooling system, the LEAF's battery pack will not maintain capacity for as long as it would if you were in a more northern state. For this reason, you would be advised to lease rather than purchase if you desire to acquire a LEAF in South Florida. You could also consider a different all-electric car, namely, one with a battery cooling system such as the Ford Focus Electric, but that could be more expensive.

South Florida summers are humid as all get out but the temps aren't that bad, lots of places in the east actually get hotter. Nowhere near the temps in AZ. I've only heard one report of one bar being lost here. We have all 12 bars intact at 18k miles and I'm pretty confident we'll make it to the end of the lease with minimal capacity loss. Time will tell.

Back