Have not been able to charge at public level 2 stations such as ChargePoint yet.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fq2255

Greetings,

I'd appreciate any comment and help on this problem I'm having.. (I have tried the search function to see if there is a similar topic but no)

Just bought a 2nd gen leaf (40kwh) last week.

No charge timer setup
i have also tried pushing the button to disable "timer" before charging

The problem is that I have already tried several different public charging stations, Charge Point and etc, but it just won't charge. the 3 lights on the dash are all off. When I plug it in, the green plug icon does led up on the instrument cluster. However, it's not charging, and Charge Point charger thinks I haven't plug it in yet. I did push the plug in hard to make sure it is seated properly but still no luck.

However, at home, with my 240v 40amp level 2 charger for my Bolt does charge the leaf with no problem.

I can't figure out what the issue is.... I would hate to be only be able to charge at home...

Thanks!

On page CH-36 of the owner's manual, it explains about using the charge timer. If you want to charge your LEAF outside if the timer hours, then you either have to disable the charger timer or you need to use the override function.

This sounds like it might be a case where the charge timer is enabled and you aren't using the override...

Here's a really stupid question but it has to be asked: have you registered/enabled charging for the public chargers you are using?

If your charge timer is preventing an immediate charge; when you plug in the charge lights on the dash will blink in turn several times.

Other than that; it does sound like you might not be activating the public station correctly. Do you see things like "plug in now?" do you scan your card or phone first to activate the station?

Lol, they're not a Noob. If they already own a Bolt, they would know how to use charging stations. And they also said they've tried different ones like ChargePoint, etc.

could this be related to a missing diode check function in the J1772 protocol ?

Triggerhappy007 said:
Lol, they're not a Noob. If they already own a Bolt, they would know how to use charging stations. And they also said they've tried different ones like ChargePoint, etc.

Not seeing how that makes them a "charging expert?" In fact, I have encountered people at public charging who did EXACTLY this. Simply plugged in and expected things to work because that is "how my work charger works" Stations like Chargepoint are even worse. Some you simply walk up, plug in and it goes. Others you have to scan a card or a phone to unlock the handle. There is literally every conceivable variation possible here.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Triggerhappy007 said:

Not seeing how that makes them a "charging expert?"
If you've previously owned an EV, you've probably tried to charge it at a public charging station. I assumed that the OP owns a Bolt and have charged their Bolt at ChargePoint and other public locations as well. If OP comes back and said it's their first time charging in public ever, then I'll admit I was wrong.

Triggerhappy007 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Triggerhappy007 said:

Not seeing how that makes them a "charging expert?"
If you've previously owned an EV, you've probably tried to charge it at a public charging station. I assumed that the OP owns a Bolt and have charged their Bolt at ChargePoint and other public locations as well. If OP comes back and said it's their first time charging in public ever, then I'll admit I was wrong.

I know maybe half a dozen EVers who have never charged publicly and most have been EVing for nearly a decade. Its a lot more common than you think. I also know someone who used an SC for the first time ever just a few months ago. They had been EVing for quite a while.

But none of that matters. I have run into DOZENS of people who had no idea that apps, registrations, or cards were needed to use a station. Read Plugshare comments. I see Bolters commenting "unable to charge, plug doesn't fit" at Chademo only locations.

Back