Has this knowledge been captured in a Wiki somewhere?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 770

I see that there's a lot of useful information about CANbus hacking in these threads, but trying to tease out the current, useful information from the original experiments, guesses, etc. can be time-consuming at best, and erroneous at worst. My apologies if this is somewhere obvious, but I couldn't find it: Is all of this good information about the LEAF's CANbus summarized on a wiki page anywhere?

I recently acquired a PLX Kiwi bluetooth scanner and am trying to figure out what (if anything) I can glean using it on the LEAF with an Android app like Torque. My ultimate goal is to see if this combination can tease out SOC and other information on the EV-CAN bus, but baby steps first. So what I'd like to find out are things like:

• Are there "standard" (for ICE cars) messages like "engine RPM", "throttle position", "engine load", etc. that are on the CAR-CAN bus (the standard pins 6 & 14) that I can read with an unmodified reader like the Kiwi & Torque, just to make sure that things are working?
  • If I make an adapter cable to be able to read the EV-CAN bus instead of the CAR-CAN bus, is there a spreadsheet or table of PIDs that I can put into Torque to get at the EV-specific things (like SOC, battery pack amps & volts, etc.)
  • Is there a "master spreadsheet" of all of the PIDs that have been found for the LEAF (on any of the CAN buses)? I keep coming across requests for things like tire pressure, but I can't find that it's been decoded yet. A master list would be very helpful in this regard. In another forum, I saw that a user had put things into a Google Spreadsheet for collaboration (for a 2nd gen Prius in this case). It's not the perfect answer, but it'd be a good start, IMHO.

Can one of the CAN-masters point me to a site that contains these bits of secret information and incantations?

One user has a Google Spreadsheet of the "discovered" or guessed
MsgIDs, and the bytes that appear to be useful.

Also, you can use my CAN-Do program and one of the Recipe files
to better see some of the same info. You can download and examine
the on-line logs to actually explore real data. Go through the link in
my Signature.

Back