Has Anyone Else Started a Personal LEAF Blog?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mensadoc

I had never started a blog before, but I was so inspired last month when I got my LEAF that I decided to
share my experiences at http://billsleaf.blogspot.com/
This car is absolutely REVOLUTIONARY!

Here are some of my topics:
1. INTRODUCTION - The LEAF Is a Game-Changer!
2. Trying To Think Up Excuses To Go For a Drive
3. It's Crazy Cheap To Drive a LEAF
4. A Typical Day in My LEAF
5. Favorite Features
6. Paradigm Shift
7. Is Half a Tank of Gas Enough?
8. The AC Is SUPER Cold, and That's Just Fine With...
9. The Stats Just Keep Looking Better
10. Almost Outa Juice...
11. One Month With No Gas!
12. Pike's Peak Hill Climb Race... In a LEAF!

I hope you enjoy :D my musings about my LEAF. :)

Nissan+License.JPG

Yes, check the link in my signature, below. I started back last July, almost a year ago. I started with our solar PV install, then selection of an EV, through delivery and now almost 3 months of ownership. It's a fun way to share experiences and it was a way to do something positive while I waited (and waited) for my LEAF.

Have fun with your blog.

I have, and have been looking around for others. I found yours, Mensadoc, and left a comment.

Mine can be found at http://www.smakl.com/leaf.

I did a sort of blog just for family and a couple of friends via email only, but after about 3 or 4 posts ran out of material. The fact is, the Leaf is just another car now for me and my wife. I consider that a good thing. I see the Leaf as breaking ground in proving EVs can be practical, useful vehicles for the ordinary American, at least those who can make do with the limited range on at least one car, not just for early adopters or fanatics. I want it to become mainstream, not niche, and for me it is, so further blogging about it would make about as much sense as blogging about a Ford Focus or Nissan Altima. Maybe when they put out quick charge stations I might try a longish trip to show how practical that is (or isn't) and that possibly could be blog material.

I agree with all your points, Rat, but for me, I guess the blog is basically an alternative to a forum. Places like this are great for voicing opinions that are from outside the industry, networking with other owners and just having a place to enjoy writing and have fun.

On a blog, the difference is really that I have more created control, and the conversation is much more moderate. It's also a great place to get pictures out there for friends and family.

To each his own, as long as you bookmark my blog! :)

Rat said:
Right. I wasn't criticizing, just answering the question posed in the thread title.
I get it, Rat. It's all good. As I said, as long as you bookmark my blog, we're all cool. :D

Hey, as a note to the admins or the guys who post blogs here, can the forum blogs publish an RSS feed? DaveinOlyWA and EVNow (and others) write interesting articles, but I often miss them because I can't read them easily on my phone in a feed reader.

+1

Rat said:
I did a sort of blog just for family and a couple of friends via email only, but after about 3 or 4 posts ran out of material. The fact is, the Leaf is just another car now for me and my wife. I consider that a good thing. I see the Leaf as breaking ground in proving EVs can be practical, useful vehicles for the ordinary American, at least those who can make do with the limited range on at least one car, not just for early adopters or fanatics. I want it to become mainstream, not niche, and for me it is, so further blogging about it would make about as much sense as blogging about a Ford Focus or Nissan Altima. Maybe when they put out quick charge stations I might try a longish trip to show how practical that is (or isn't) and that possibly could be blog material.

Back