Has anybody removed their LEAF's rear seats?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy3

Just wondering - has anybody removed their LEAF's rear seats?

The bottom cushion comes out very easily but exposes some speacial LEAF stuff when it is removed. I haven't tried removing the rear upper cushions, but it looks harder then removing the lower ones.

I'm wondering for two reasons, first the ability to haul stuff without damaging the rear seat cushions. It's so easy to pop out the bottom cushion, I could remove it when I needed to put things there.

Also, the weight factor. The bottom cushion is very light, so that's not much advantage. Maybe the upper seat cushions are heavier and would give up a mile or two if they were removed.

Thoughts?

Randy3 said:

You must have missed the thread on installing the WO seat covers. Some said it was easy to remove it and some had difficulty getting the bench seat back in. One also said that it doesn't go back as tightly as it did before because of weak plastic holders.

That thread does not describe removing (and replacing) the rear seats, with pictures. It talks about the benefits of weight reduction.

So, directions and pictures, anybody?

davewill said:
A tarp to protect the seats sounds much easier to me. I can't imagine any weight difference could be worth the hassle.
I concur. I use a big sheet of heavy gauge vinyl. (You can buy that at Home Depot.) It has so far stood up to tires, toolbox, file cabinet, Christmas tree, etc. Vinyl is impervious to fluids. It's kinda slick, which makes it easier to slide heavy stuff around.

Randy3 said:
LEAFfan said:
You must have missed the thread on installing the WO seat covers. Some said it was easy to remove it and some had difficulty getting the bench seat back in. One also said that it doesn't go back as tightly as it did before because of weak plastic holders.
Here is that thread: "Wet Okole Seat Cover Installation DIY". Also, only the seat bottoms were removed, not the seat back.

Back