Happy SECOND Birthday Nissan LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
NOTE AS OF 12/12/12: THIS POST ORIGINATED IN DECEMBER 2011, FOR THE FIRST BIRTHDAY OF THE LEAF. I'M JUST POPPING IT TO THE TOP FOR THE SECOND BIRTHDAY.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhmRZ1_Fjk[/youtube]

Nope, on Dec. 11, 2010, with a ceremony held in front of City Hall in San Francisco with gudy and family, as well as the first LEAF owner from San Diego.

We got cupcakes from the nice folks at Zócalo Group! Or rather I took delivery of cupcakes on our behalf. Not sure how I can share them effectively with other board members, so with your permission I will probably just let the kids have at them tonight, since it's coincidentally the oldest's 18th birthday today:

Attachments

• Img_6439.jpg
    Img_6439.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 388
mwalsh said:
We got cupcakes from the nice folks at Zócalo Group! Or rather I took delivery of cupcakes on our behalf. Not sure how I can share them effectively with other board members, so with your permission I will probably just let the kids have at them tonight, since it's coincidentally the oldest's 18th birthday today:

No! I want my 1/4,167th of 12 cupcakes = .0029 cupcake, Mike. Please save my slice til next we meet. :lol:

Oh, go ahead and give it to the kids, it'd be way dried out by then anyway.

Enjoy!

Nice get Mike! Mahalo, Mike and everyone for the year+ of information, education and good will. I feel more connected with all of the knowledge here. Kelly

Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:

No! I want my 1/4,167th of 12 cupcakes = .0029 cupcake, Mike. Please save my slice til next we meet. :lol:

Oh, go ahead and give it to the kids, it'd be way dried out by then anyway.

Enjoy!
MMMMMMnnnnnnnnnnnn . . . I LOVE coconut. Oh . . . never mind.
:(
:lol:

After nearly 2 years lurking in the forum, this is a good occasion to wish Happy Birthday to Nissan Leaf and congrats to all the owners. Hope we can celebrate many more.

This forum is a good entertainment while waiting for prices to come down at the other side of the Atlantic.

regards.

Yes, congrats. I'm eager to learn what the 1-year battery checkups show. Suppose somebody will make this a thread, if not already.

Unfortunately, the information that we get from said checkups is very perfunctory so it is not likely that we will learn much from them personally... I'm sure what is actually submitted to Nissan is far more comprehensive.

aleph5 said:
Yes, congrats. I'm eager to learn what the 1-year battery checkups show. Suppose somebody will make this a thread, if not already.

I thought they would check for bad cells and could replace modules if they're found to underperform. Certainly they would tell you if modules were replaced. Of course we hope that's very rare.

LakeLeaf said:
Any significance to the Leaf at the end of the commercial? It would be cool if it was actually Gudy's.
Nope, Gudy's is(was) black. However, we haven't seen him around here in quite some time, so maybe he's had it painted since then! :) :)

Glenn

Glenn said:
LakeLeaf said:
Any significance to the Leaf at the end of the commercial? It would be cool if it was actually Gudy's.
Nope, Gudy's is(was) black. However, we haven't seen him around here in quite some time, so maybe he's had it painted since then! :) :)

Glenn

Gudy was at the Dec. 3 meeting with the Nissan visitors at Google.

Back