Green Charge app better than Nissan app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolfilmaker

Even though it's $10 I would recommend getting the Green Charge app. It's way less buggy and if you live in a temperate climate you'll probably never use the preheater/cooler function of the Nissan app anyways.

http://www.greenchargeapp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The problem is that you can't request manual updates. It updates when it wants too. Also the daily log book mileage is off. I have days in a row where it thinks I drove exactly 84.4 miles. Not sure where it is getting that data. Aside from the SOC % it's pretty worthless at this point. I'd rather just have a simple SOC app with more frequent push updates.

Ok, I contacted "GreenCharge". My bad :oops:

Under the left top icon (looks like a gear) settings, there are several spots for "refresh rate" settings ranging from every 5,10,15,30,60 minutes or disable. Apparently, mine was set at 30 minute automatic refresh (the default and annoying setting).

They suggested to re-install the app and hit "disable". So now, I get a refresh if I click on the right top refresh icon manually, hopefully.

We'll see how it goes............. ;)

I set my refresh to one hour. I wonder how it does the forest, co2, and cost savings? Is this thing really hooking into all of CarWings?

I don't understand what I get in this that I can't get in Carwings website.

Also I noticed that the range shown is incorrect. My car say 60 without climate control and 54 with it. But this app tells me 50 miles.

[Edit] I'm not seeing range listed on this app anywhere. It shows the percentage of battery remaining (based on the 12 bars). The Nissan LEAF app will show range with/without CC.

Percentage is shown as an analog meter and right below there is a number with "mi" right next to it.
In my case it said, "50 mi"

Mine was showing time until a complete charge, but later, I saw it showing range. I think it shows "until full" when charging and "range" when not. If the number is off, it more then likely it just needs to update. When my car was showing 45 miles, it was showing that as well.

Back