Got Trees?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that is the case, I would think it should show higher rather than lower at high freeway speeds versus moderate highway speeds since I'd be using a lot more gas in an ICE at those speeds and creating much more CO2... It actually does just the opposite.

TickTock said:
I'm not bothered by it once I reset my expection to not be a tool to promote efficient driving, but rather, a tool to show how much CO2 emmisions you are saving by not driving an ICE. Had you driven your old car (unless it was a hybrid) you would have dumped a lot of pollution and CO2 into the env. on that traffic jam. It's in these slow traffic conditions that the environmental aspect of the Leaf really shines.

GroundLoop said:
kmiles?! :shock:
Awesome.

I grew a tree once, by accident. I was stuck in traffic! "It was hot; I was hungry"... don't judge.
The reason the "K" is there, is so the display can be switched to show "KM" instead of Miles for the rest of the world. I doubt seriously we'd ever get over 999 miles range, no matter what speed we drive! =)

-Phil

TickTock said:
I'm not bothered by it once I reset my expection to not be a tool to promote efficient driving, but rather, a tool to show how much CO2 emmisions you are saving by not driving an ICE. Had you driven your old car (unless it was a hybrid) you would have dumped a lot of pollution and CO2 into the env. on that traffic jam. It's in these slow traffic conditions that the environmental aspect of the Leaf really shines.

Ironically, all that CO2 is great for growing trees! Just make sure it never hits more than 14%, then even the trees start suffocating!

Just in time for Christmas! Well, actually, it was a few months ago on the way home from work... (The red light is on because I had to take off my seat belt to get the picture. But we weren't moving at the time anyway...)

vdjpzq.jpg

smkettner said:
I think the trees should reset when the vehicle is charged. I don't go that many 80+ mile drives in one motion.
Two trees is good for me ;)

I've earned 5 trees (1 branch shy of 5 technically) during one particularly nasty 36-mile morning commute along the capital beltway.

My son earned his first two trees last Saturday. He got them circling the parking lot at 10 MPH for an hour. Just got his learner's permit.

My kids like the trees...... my kid asked what are the trees for dad?

Crickets

Dad what are the trees for??

They show that we are getting close to Christmas son

I really do not know but they must be important, I figure somthing to help you gauge how much farther you can drive?

Okay, let's see if I can show you my Instagram! Yay, Instagram!

Instagram%2525205%252520Traffic%252520Trees.JPG

3 Centigrade (37.2 Fahrenheit), 6 bars (about 50% charge as reported by CARWINGS) a day away from mile 2,000 and what was it, 2 December? Technically 5 trees - 1 branch, but I drove around the parking lot for about 2 minutes and completed the last tree.

i havent found a way to make tree watching useful.
The circle around it offers some possibilities, and seems to be very sensitive to changes in driving technique.

Back