Google maps waypoints

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gschettl

jordan minnesota 55352 (Minneapolis suburb)
I finally got google maps to download to my Leaf's Navigation system but it leaves out all the waypoints and results in only the destination being dumped to the navi. Is there a way to include all the waypoints that were orginally in my route? I'm using https://maps.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on my laptop to generate the route. Thanks.

In drawing the route in Google Maps, draw from the start
to the first waypoint, and send that "end-point" to your car.

Then, extend the route with one more waypoint, and
send another "end-point".

Repeat as needed.

garygid said:
In drawing the route in Google Maps, draw from the start
to the first waypoint, and send that "end-point" to your car.

Then, extend the route with one more waypoint, and
send another "end-point".

Repeat as needed.[/quote ]
Gary's method will work nicely but there are only 6 slots available for download with the oldest rolling out the queue.

You can get past that limit by going to the car before your trip and downloading them, setting each as the destination in turn, then turn the car off. When you get back in you can access them as previous destinations. If you had eight waypoints, for example, you would only have to do that with two of them, and then the other 6 could be downloaded on the fly as you need them. However, sometimes you can't get a connection to the information center while driving, so downloading them in advance can be a safeguard against that.

Back