Funny (short) story...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recmob

Yesterday the guys at the airport decided they wanted to ride in the 'little blue electric car' to go to lunch. Of the 3 passengers, two had been in the car previously but only in the front passenger seat. The 3rd passenger was a virgin to the electric world. First time I've had full seats.

We load up and get about 4 miles down the road, passengers in the rear are commenting the coolness and smooth ride, yet too much tire noise from the rear. Then I get tap on my shoulder, "I know you mentioned were sitting on the battery. My ass is hot, and getting hotter. Are you sure this things is safe?" That was from the virgin passenger. This was quickly followed by the other rear seater saying "his ass was hot too".

I whipped my head and saw the rear seat switch was in the 'high heat' position. I can only surmise when one climbed in they grabbed the side of the seat turning the switch on. Perhaps Nissan could put an alert on the dash to tell us the rear seat heaters are on?

Today marks 30 days on my 2015 S w/qc. 2350 diesel free miles!

Guess I could do that, if the front / back heater fuses are separate. My wife gets, um, cold rather easily on the back side. She's already used it once and was upset her 2011 Kia doesn't have this feature :)

AlanSqB said:
Oh no. I'm from near your location. I'd just pull the seat warmer fuse, no need for its there :)

Move the switch to "off".

IIRC, isn't there also a pressure switch, so the heaters don't come on unless someone is sitting there?

people love the back seat heaters up here.

I would just tell them they have nothing to worry about until they hear a "continuous beep"

you know, the one you hear if you leave the lights on and exit the car?

recmob said:
I whipped my head and saw the rear seat switch was in the 'high heat' position. I can only surmise when one climbed in they grabbed the side of the seat turning the switch on. Perhaps Nissan could put an alert on the dash to tell us the rear seat heaters are on?

that butt alert seemed to work fine.

Good point!

thankyouOB said:
recmob said:

that butt alert seemed to work fine.

garsh said:
If they are on the same fuse, you could unplug the rear seat heater at the seat.

Removal of the rear seat cushion on our 2015 was a real pain; much more difficult than it was on our 2012.

Personally I'd just leave everything as is. It should be rare that the switch gets activated. If it worries you just glance back at it if you've got rear seat passengers. What's the worst that will happen? Every once in a great while someone might say their butt's getting warm. I was going to say "once in a blue moon", but I guess it's really the opposite. :)

I'm with you on that one. Don't really want to tear the car apart, and it will probably be rare that I have rear seat occupants anyhow.

Nubo said:
garsh said:
If they are on the same fuse, you could unplug the rear seat heater at the seat.

Removal of the rear seat cushion on our 2015 was a real pain; much more difficult than it was on our 2012.

Personally I'd just leave everything as is. It should be rare that the switch gets activated. If it worries you just glance back at it if you've got rear seat passengers. What's the worst that will happen? Every once in a great while someone might say their butt's getting warm. I was going to say "once in a blue moon", but I guess it's really the opposite. :)

Back