'Fringe' - now sponsored by Nissan LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
I guess I stand corrected. I don't see her closing the plastic thingy in Tony's screen shots. :oops:

You do, it's the forth picture.
Someone posted this on another site but their pictures were .gifs so you could actually see the short scene unfold.

If the J1772 cap becomes "magically" closed, then it's a continuity error. Those happen all the time in movies and TV shows.

I've been watching the last few episodes of Fringe at the fox.com web site; the first LEAF placement episode is available, however the second placement episode will not be available until next Saturday. It's great to see the LEAF in a television show. The Fox web site periodically pauses the show and inserts commercials, much the same was as if you were watching it on TV. They've been showing the Nissan "Zero" commercial, which is pretty cool. I'd love to see my favorite LEAF commercials: "The New Way" and "Gasoline Powered Everything". The only commercial I find annoying is the Spint "unlimited data" commercial.

The show is actually better that I thought it might be. I think I'll become a regular viewer!

hill said:
DarkStar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
i will put this on my Netflix list!! (dont have cable, dont need cable)
Fringe is on Fox. In most areas this is a broadcast TV station, not cable.
You mean there's still such a thing as 'regular TV' ??!??

now THAT's Fringe
;)
Haha! We cut the cord many, many years ago. Between broadcast, online, and Netflix we pretty much have everything covered. I'll probably be dropping Netflix and switching to Amazon.com though in the next couple of months.

Yeah, it looks as if she shut the hatch without closing it plug cover. I myself forgot yesterday, then I ran the car through the car wash. A little bit of water froze in the bottom of the plug and I had to use a hair dryer for 5 minutes to get it dried out so the charging cable would seat properly... With below freezing temps daily, the battery temp has been running at 4 bars pretty consistently. Since I have plenty of range for my commute, I've been running the heater at 67 degrees, which eats into the range a bit, but everything is still OK. The LEAF is running like a champ!

hill said:
DarkStar said:
You mean there's still such a thing as 'regular TV' ??!??now THAT's Fringe ;)

Yep we also cut the cable about 2 years ago. Charter kept raising prices and reducing channels. So now we use DVR's to time shift and iTunes for shows like Warehouse13, Burn Notice etc...

Also dumped Netflix streaming and cut back to two Blu-ray disk program after the last split of services and price change. The Netflix streaming catalog is very short on current media. Looked at Amazon but iTunes had bigger selection.

The 3/23/12 Finge episode "A Short Story About Love" last Friday had a quick Leaf appearance. I don't believe it was more then a car sighting with Olivia getting out of her car and walking away. Still I always get a little rush - wish it made an appearance in more shows...

Dave

dglot said:
The 3/23/12 Finge episode "A Short Story About Love" last Friday had a quick Leaf appearance. I don't believe it was more then a car sighting with Olivia getting out of her car and walking away. Still I always get a little rush - wish it made an appearance in more shows...

Dave
I just watched it! Yep, at the end, Olivia is seen stepping out of her LEAF just before a happy meeting with Peter.

For me, the even more interesting thing was that they used a bit of music I immediately recognized: the title track from the Jon and Vangelis album "The Friends of Mr. Cairo", which I believe came out 20 years ago! I never heard that track on the radio. I think the only track I ever heard on the radio was "I'll Find My Way Home", heard it a couple times on WXRT when I lived in the midwest and once coming from a passing car as I was walking down the street in San Francisco. However, I played just about every track on the album on the radio sometime or another back when I did a Saturday music show on the NPR station at Purdue, WBAA. I've heard the title track in my LEAF; it's one of the songs on my MP3s...

Interesting, the Amazon sample clip is just about the same part of the song they used on the show!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Friends-Of-Mr-Cairo/dp/B000001F29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tps said:
For me, the even more interesting thing was that they used a bit of music I immediately recognized: the title track from the Jon and Vangelis album "The Friends of Mr. Cairo", which I believe came out 20 years ago!
My friend, you win 100 Internets for that great catch!

Back