France Expands Electric-Car Bonus To Scrap 10-Year-Old Diesel Cars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via GCR:
France Expands Electric-Car Bonus To Scrap 10-Year-Old Diesel Cars
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1100428_france-expands-electric-car-bonus-to-scrap-10-year-old-diesel-cars

The French government not only grants incentives to buyers of new electric cars, it also encourages the scrapping of older diesel cars. It presently offers a 10,000-euro ($11,370) bonus to drivers who buy a new electric car and also send a 15-year-old diesel car to the scrapper. . . .

French Minister of Ecology and Energy Segolene Royal says there are plans to extend the bonus to 10-year-old diesel cars, according to Life in France. During the announcement Friday, Royal also called for the development of a "popular electric car," with a price ranging from 5,000 to 8,000 euros ($5,685 to $9,000). She also reiterated a previous proposal to end tax benefits for diesel fuel, and tax it at the same rate as gasoline. . . .

Go France! And when can the good 'ol US of A expect to be so forward thinking? I thought so. oh well, one can dream of clearing the diesel exhausts.

finman100 said:
Go France! And when can the good 'ol US of A expect to be so forward thinking? I thought so. oh well, one can dream of clearing the diesel exhausts.

Diesel-powered passenger cars don't have the market penetration in the US that they have had in Europe; almost all that are sold here are made by VW/Audi, Mercedes, or BMW. Diesel is also not subsidized here like it is in many European countries.

Back