For AZ, how can we request a specialized license plate?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

Does anyone know from Az how I can request a personalized ev license plate? Do I do this at the dealership ? Or do I have to wait to get my ev plate and then request it? Is there a way to request an ev plate in advance with personalization?

Thanks in advance for your help. I m trying to tie up some loose ends before the car comes.

Last time I bought a car, the dealer wouldn't do it for me. They just gave me a plate and said if I wanted a custom one, I'd have to go to the DMV myself. This was a while ago though.

For us out of state buyers, AFAIK we need to get a 3 day permit ourselves when we get our car off the truck. Then we can apply for the custom AFV plate when we register.

I don't remember who, but someone got the custom plate for their current car and will transfer it to the LEAF. Sounds like a pain to me...especially if you don't have a AFV to put it on beforehand, I don't think they will give you an AFV plate.

You cannot get a customized Alt-Fuel plate until you have a vehicle that meets the requirement (ie. The LEAF).

Once you obtain the vehicle and register it, you can request the plate through DMV
(you will need to register the vehicle in person).

The site (ServiceArizona.Com) allows you to register for a Custom Plate with Alt-Fuel, but I believe the in-person registation is required first.

Back