Foldable Bicycle in Cargo Area of Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MartinChico said:
My Nissan dealer offers FREE L2 charging...

Good idea? Bad idea?

Doesn't Chico Nissan still chain off the lot with their L2s after business hours?

This was a major problem for me, when their DC was DOA, and the L2 was time-limited, leaving me short of charge to reach Red Bluff.

Sorry, but I think anyone planning to use a free public charge site as their primary charge source is a bad idea, especially in an region like North California where public infrastructure is so limited.

It may be a one-in-a-hundred-event when you block a traveler passing through Chico from charging, but that could be a very unpleasant event, for them.

There is no such thing a free charge.

I think the "selfish or inconsiderate" concerns are people envisioning you making this your primary power source, routinely occupying it for 5 nights a week or something like that. I'm sure nobody objects to sporadic conscientious use.

[/quote
Also, the Leaf estimate to charge tends to be way on the long side, you're usually at 99% a hour or more before the estimated end time. One of the nice things about Chargepoint chargers, even when free, is you can use the app to check the current charge rate.[/quote]

With Chargepoint app using L2 charger, I saw rate dropped from 6.6 to 2 somewhere in mid 90's. Unless free as this one was and/or no one waiting, the last few per cent do not appear worth it.

Back