Fleet Sales to Cities

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

Are there cities that have incorporated the Leaf into their fleets?

If so, what cities and, if you know, how is it working for them.

Dmchose said:
I believe Charlotte and Raleigh NC have. These may have been handed to them on a temp. basis. There are web pages out there showing off the cars and new charges.
Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't locate the web pages, but sent emails to both communities.

Lets see what happens.

greengate said:
Are there cities that have incorporated the Leaf into their fleets?

If so, what cities and, if you know, how is it working for them.

Garland, Texas has quite a few. I talked to a library IT guy who was driving one and he said it's working well for them.

Long Beach Parking Enforcement has a few. I saw them parked charging while I was reprogramming the radios in the sweepers. I did not talk to the drivers but given the city size(ten miles square) I am sure they worked out well.

Ten months retired so I will not see them again.

Atlanta Police have 2 or 3 Leaf for the Bike Officers to drive.

Cobb & Paulding County (Both near Atlanta) both use SMART EV's to patrol a long bike Trail. (3 or 4 i think)

Vancouver has the largest EV fleet in Canada, although the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is their vehicle of choice. They do have at least two LEAFs though, I've seen them side by side before. Here's an older article - I know they have doubled the amount of i-MiEVs since then: http://vancouver.ca/news-calendar/vehicle-fleet.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vancouver also has contracts with the car-sharing companies for city employees to use those networks for official business. Most of the major car-shares in Vancouver do have EVs.

Dmchose said:
greengate said:
Dmchose said:
I believe Charlotte and Raleigh NC have. These may have been handed to them on a temp. basis. There are web pages out there showing off the cars and new charges.
Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't locate the web pages, but sent emails to both communities.

Lets see what happens.
Here is one on Charlotte.
http://www.government-fleet.com/cha...otte-buys-evs-installs-charging-stations.aspx

I just opened the link.

Fantastic..good on them and the other cities mentioned in this article as well.

There is no reason for this not to be commonplace in many cities.

Perfect application for the Leaf.

Houston has a fleet of 25 leaf.

keN5knM.jpg

GlennD said:
Long Beach Parking Enforcement has a few. I saw them parked charging while I was reprogramming the radios in the sweepers. I did not talk to the drivers but given the city size(ten miles square) I am sure they worked out well.

Ten months retired so I will not see them again.

In my case the sweepers are are parked on Monday's so no one was around to question.

You have parking enforcement in front of the sweepers ticketing vehicles blocking the sweepers. They do not work on Mondays so for me to upgrade the radios it was perfect.

Back