Fight Extinction Video

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video removed by user - what was it? I was all excited at first, thought it was the Polar Bear ad

I watched this again and now I think it may have been produced as a student project for a marketing class. I say this because there are a lot of technical flaws in the production that no professional ad agency would have done. As an example, the pan and zoom "virtual camera" of the photos work is really poor. The movements aren't fluid or continuous, very amateurish. They call it the "Ken Burns Effect" because he did so much of that sort of work in his Civil War documentary for PBS. Another "tell" is that this video doesn't end with an ad agencies logo and contact information. Finally, this is not at all the message Nissan wants to convey. Extinction?

A quick google of the 2 names at the end of the video, will give you 2 linked-in pages of 2 students at the miami ad school.

I just looked at the clip.
Not bad, and not great.

However, I think that extinction is a real possibility ...
but there are others who will not even consider the posibility.

For me, the path that humankind choses can lead almost anywhere.

yes - could be student stuff. I thought it was a quickly put together "ideas" video. In any professional ad agency work - you can find a lot of weird ideas that get thrown out in the end.

I LIKE it A LOT!

[hmmm...color laserjet - check. peel and stick labels - check. make 'fight extinction' part of every gas pump - no bones about it! ]

As for 'them that don't get it' - fear not - they'll die off one way or another. We don't have to outrun everyone to survive - just the 'other dinosaurs'. ;)

There's a wiimote possibility that we could take this campaign and run with it - what do we think?!

Probably not a good idea overall, but what if someone used nylon zip ties with 'fight extinction' tags on fuel pump handles?...

Back