Failed to charge after power outage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradbissell

Last night we had a short power outage around 9pm and this morning I awoke to a uncharged LEAF (same %SOC as the day before). I have a timer set to charge to 80% weekdays ending at 5am and have never had an issue with the LEAF timer or EVSE. The interesting thing is that my Clipper Creek CS-40 reinitialized after the power outage as it should, and I heard the LEAF do the double beep as if the EVSE cable had just been connected (expected behavior). However, the car did not start charging during the night.

Has anyone else had this issue? I luckily checked via the LEAF Link app and manually started a charge cycle at 4:40am.

I've noticed the same behaviour after clearing the fault signal (happens with thunderstorms a lot) on my Eaton charging station.

Leafs beeps twice, blinks as normal. I hear the relay activate (its a loud clang). However the station indicates that the car is only plugged in, not charging. I have to unplug and replug the car for it to charge again.

Back