Failed attempts to use dcfc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

Im in northern virgina and luckily we have Evgo
Great people!
Couple times I get error messages when I try to use the dcfc
They are Nissan branded sumitomo units
Tonight I got "error 1" and the red alarm light came on
Couldn't clear it nor could the evgo operator
I'm thinking I might have hit the start button during the time the unit was communicating with the vehicle
E before starting the charge
How many issues does everyone have?

I find it difficult to believe that you pressing the start button could put the station into an unrecoverable state. More likely there is a fault in the station or your car. I would try it again at a different location if possible.

Thanks for the quick response
Just trying to get a feel for how often this happens and how reliable dcfc is
As it is new to me.
I used this same station at 6am this morning with no issue

Tell me , once you plug in , charging starts after the comm period without hitting any start button correct?

Cause I do think I was in a hurry and hit start during that period

kmp647 said:
Tell me , once you plug in , charging starts after the comm period without hitting any start button correct?

Yes, it did happen to me to fault the DCFC charging if I pushed the start button before the starting started. But I was able to just unplug and start again.

You need to turn your car off before using the DC FC or you will get an error...Any chance that it might be that?

kmp647 said:
Thanks for the quick response
Just trying to get a feel for how often this happens and how reliable dcfc is
As it is new to me.
I used this same station at 6am this morning with no issue

Cause I do think I was in a hurry and hit start during that period

on AV if you hit the button early, its just ignored. BUT, you must plug in and wait for it to say "press start" before it will start.

as far as plugging in? dont think that matters. i always plug in immediately after waving the fob

Back