EVSE (charger) at my local dealer padlocked and cant charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear to be a "charging network", but their web site
does not appeer to describe any actual L2 or QC equipment.

What QC unit do they use, and who makes it?

Do they have a map of tentative, in-process, finished,
or operational site locations?

redLEAF said:
garygid said:
What brand/make of QC is at the dealer and at Walgreens?
Thanks.

They are 350Green's units; someone over on the Chicagoland thread has been in touch and should have more info later -- the L2's are ChargePoint for which I now have a (free) card for. The Walgreen's I've seen with these have them almost side by side but they are two different systems. As to the mention that the dealer's is a L2 and not a QC haven't personally seen it as I was in a hurry picking up my car (from the firmware update) but sending a PM to a few who have visited that dealer more recently to see if they used it --- I'd be surprised that the tech at the counter would have confused what turns out to be a slower all day charge from a QC but its possible.

These are all the partners for 350Green ...

http://350green.com/about-us/our_partners/
Never heard of 'em. Went to their web site. The flash program running on their home page is kind of funny. If the are in fact a Q.C. manufacturing/installing company ~ why is it they're only showing a J1772 - and why does their home page highlight a Volt, which is neither an EV, nor is it even capable of Q.C. ? In fact G.M.'s goal is to cause Chademo infrastructure to be slowed down from implementation by implementing their franken-plug monstrosity - a quick charge method for non existent GM ev's. If they can convince the community that "there IS NO STANDARD" - then companies that may be prospective chademo Q.C. installers will be more willing to 'wait' to see what the standard is. You gotta love underhanded business plans.
:D

350Green does not make chargers. They are hardware agnostic and use units from Semaconnect, CoulombTech and others. Most or all of the Walgreens chargers are operated by 350Green. A few of them are Level 3 Quick Chargers. None of them are in California yet, at least I know for sure, not in Northern CA. The $10,000 Nissan QC when it comes out mid year or earlier should be very interesting.

I was the original poster and here is an update. Nissan customer service has contacted me and said they will contact both dealers and let me know whats up. For those that wondered, i did stop by on sunday when dealerships in nj are not allowed to be open. What bugs me is the dealer i bought from has 3 EVSE and they are all available 24/7. They are all L2, there is no such thing as L3 around here and I bought a SV expecting it to be this way for some time. L2 suits my needs just fine( I have had an EV since 2007) The thing that bugs me is Woodbury is late getting to the game of selling Leafs, i would have ordered from them as they are very close to me but were not LEAF certified to give me a quote when i was finally allowed to order. I did talk to them back in 2010 and they seemed excited to be getting Leafs and then they lock their charger? The charger is accessible, i plugged it into my Leaf, but it wouldnt charge because the electrical disconnect feeding it was padlocked to off. Vineland was my preffered dealer to Request a quote but told me that I didnt know how the process worked and i had to wait till they had cars on their lot which would take 6 months. I tried educating them on how the online process worked but i was met with so much resistance that i finally gave up. On my way home from work one day, i stopped at cherry hill nissan who was not even on my list to RAQ from. I worked with Nissan and Cherry Hill to get them set up and ordered my car from them. So, im very glad i went with Cherry Hill as their EVSE are always available and it doesnt surprise me that the dicks at Team Nissan in Vineland lock their EVSE. In fact, ill never stop by their dealership anyway as i have other charging nearby if i need it.

Luft said:
ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Our local dealer wants $3 an hour for L2, when it is 8 cents a Kwh in this area, what a joke.

Yep. This is what I've been screaming about. These people have visions of buckets of money pouring in from L2 chargers. I was totally put off when Blink announced its pricing of up to $2.50 per hour! These people got about 100 MILLION BUCKS from a government grant to put these things in and now their going to try to stick it to us?!
8 cents would be 32 cents per hour cost to charge, $2 per hour for the billing and control infrastructure and 18 cents profit to split with the host. :roll:

It is like buying something online for $1 that could be mailed for $1 but they must instead send it UPS for $12 :shock:

Actually, many of the dealers here in So Cal don't allow charging after business hours. My dealer explained that their security is based on having no one on the premises after hours. The cops (or maybe their own security) are instructed that ANYONE on the lot after hours is worthy of attention. They don't want the police to get used to seeing people hanging around.

Back