EV display day at Humboldt County's North Country Fair

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javan

Each year near the fall equinox the Humboldt County North Country Fair is held in Arcata, CA. This year I was invited to participate in the EV display day sponsored by the Humboldt County Electric Vehicle Association (HEVA). The association has primarily been an organization of folks who have converted gasoline powered cars to become EV's . Today was the first day of the fair which features craft and food booths and a big samba parade around the Arcata plaza. Here is a photo of the crowd on the plaza taken at the end of the samba parade.

P1070625.jpg

I spoke to hundreds of people in the four hours I was there about my Leaf. There was enormous interest. Main questions related to driving range, how it charged and how long that took, cost of the vehicle, and whether I liked the car. There were 4 other cars on display, all of them conversions. The owners were happy I was there with my Leaf, adding something new to the mix. Here are a few pictures of the cars which were parked just off the plaza.

P1070624.jpg

P1070622.jpg

P1070621.jpg

P1070618-1.jpg

P1070616.jpg

P1070617.jpg

Back