EMW JuiceBox

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeilBlanchard said:
Thank you for posting the instructions - I wondered if the wireless password was required. It seems like the programing cable should be standard issue, because we cannot run wifi without a password.

Question: the wifi module has to be removed from the JB, I am assuming?

No, all the programming is done while the WiFi module is plugged in. There's a header on the JB board that you plug the FTDI cable to. Make sure you align black wire side to black label on the board. If you buy the FTDI cable from emwerks, the power is drawn from the USB, so the JB needs to be unplugged from the power outlet. If you get the FTDI cable from somewhere else, you need to check to make sure only one power is supplying the board.

thejq said:
NeilBlanchard said:
Thank you for posting the instructions - I wondered if the wireless password was required. It seems like the programing cable should be standard issue, because we cannot run wifi without a password.

Question: the wifi module has to be removed from the JB, I am assuming?

No, all the programming is done while the WiFi module is plugged in. There's a header on the JB board that you plug the FTDI cable to. Make sure you align black wire side to black label on the board. If you buy the FTDI cable from emwerks, the power is drawn from the USB, so the JB needs to be unplugged from the power outlet. If you get the FTDI cable from somewhere else, you need to check to make sure only one power is supplying the board.

Anyone interested in obtaining one of the first PEV Pilot JB's? This one has only been used a couple of times, has the orange J cable (which I believe is rated 30A), has a range cord input (I believe 40A), and says 60A on the label.

It has the WiFi module which is known to have issues, but connected fine to my Apple Airport (using WPS), as I was willing to remove the lid and push the button inside while connected to 240VAC with potential exposed high voltage. [Note: do NOT use a metal fork, knife or pen to push this button!] It recorded the estimated power consumption up to the EMW website while charging my vehicles.

Bay Area, East Bay or Silicon Valley transfer preferred. I won't ship it, but I will bring it to a shipping center (Mail Boxes Etc.) for them to pack and ship if you pre-arrange.

I believe I can return it to EMW, but if you want it … let me know.

I received my programming cable, but due to really snowy conditions, I have not been able to use it yet.

The LED's on the wireless module are now all on and not blinking. Any idea what this means?

Hey guys just purchased my first leaf and ordered the JB Classic. I think I may have made a mistake as now I notice it's rated at 40 amps and I installed a 40 amp breaker. It's my understanding these chargers are programmed for 30 amp charging so should I be okay? Anyone else running it on a 40a breaker?

mdonan90 said:
Hey guys just purchased my first leaf and ordered the JB Classic. I think I may have made a mistake as now I notice it's rated at 40 amps and I installed a 40 amp breaker. It's my understanding these chargers are programmed for 30 amp charging so should I be okay? Anyone else running it on a 40a breaker?

You are fine the car takes only what it needs and ignores the rest. My 1013 Leaf SL would take its 27.a A from a 30A EVSE or the max 80A EVSE. The EVSE just has to supply enough current. A non existent 28A would be fine. More EVSE usually means more money spent but it does not charge faster.

Back