ECOtality approval pending- San Diego

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

Are there any Leaf reservation holders that still show their Etec approval status as "Pending" on their dashboards in the San Diego area?

What's your order month? If it's Nov or earlier, contact Nissan to have them look into it.

Have you had an assessment done if it was required?

My order month is January. They have told me that they will ultimately do an assessment but

i am still waiting for it to be scheduled

From what I understand, they won't schedule the assessment until a month or so before your order date.

drees said:
From what I understand, they won't schedule the assessment until a month or so before your order date.

I agree with the above.....providing you "have been approved". But, if you are "pending", I believe you need to have the issue resolved before you can order your car, ie: have an assessment done to make sure you qualify for the EV Project.

Derkraut, I am doing everything I can to get San Diego ECOtality to do their site visit as soon as possible out of concern that my "PENDING" with keep my Dashboard from opening. The local ECOtality reps are nice people to talk with but no inspection yet. They are optimistic that they will be out this month. The closer we get to December before they come out the more likely I will face an ordering problem. Once they Approve my application, it will take weeks for it to get reflected by Nissan on their records.

stanley said:
Once they Approve my application, it will take weeks for it to get reflected by Nissan on their records.
No worries, Stanley, I was right where you are about a month ago and stressing about it, but there's really nothing you can do to speed things up beyond talking to the Ecotality folks, which you say you've already done. They plan their schedule to do the home inspection about 2 weeks before your order date, and then it takes about a week (max.) to get the estimate and approve any installation charge over $1200, if your installation is "non-standard," and then it might take another week for Ecotality to update Nissan with your approval. If they haven't scheduled your assessment by about Dec. 7th or so, then contact Adriane Lovejoy at Ecotality again. She'll check with the construction manager to make sure you're not being overlooked.

Nevertheless, having said that, they are a bunch of busy, overworked folks trying to pull off an unprecedented infrastructure installation in a fairly short period of time. I had a September order date and didn't get to actually order my car until Oct. They might be working through their backlog and they might not, so the same thing could happen to you. Your Jan. order may come at the end of that month, or possibly the first part of Feb, there's really no way to tell what will happen, but I will give you the same helpful, friendly advice I got from the other forum members here when I was getting upset about the delays:

"Don't get your panties in a bunch--it's only a car, fer cryin' out loud!"

Don't ya feel better now? :mrgreen:

TT

Jcesare,You also have a January order date? Did they tell you aproximately when you would have your assessment?

Back