Early upgrade offer from Nissan/Dealer - 2011 to 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pksd1

Got a phone call from my dealer yesterday stating Nissan is offering early upgrade of my 3-year lease for my 2011 Leaf to 2013 leaf with a possibility of lowering my payment. I have had my Leaf for two years now, wouldn't mind upgrading the car and lowering the payment at the same time.

Don't know how it effects my $5000 CVRP rebate though. According to the terms , I am suppose to keep the car for at least 36-months. Sent them an email to CVRP and waiting to hear from them.

Has anyone else gone thru this process?

cvrp is very easy to communicate with. call them.
typically they would prorate the rebate, but i dont know what they do if you swap for a new leaf. i would imagine the same thing, as they are going to give you another 2500 bucks.

I am not looking for another $2500. Just hoping they update their records with the new leaf so I don't pay anything out of my pocket. I like email contact better so you have a paper trail just in case :?

I will report back when I get more info from the CVRP or the dealer (I will contact him sometime today).

pksd1 said:
Got a phone call from my dealer yesterday stating Nissan is offering early upgrade of my 3-year lease for my 2011 Leaf to 2013 leaf with a possibility of lowering my payment. I have had my Leaf for two years now, wouldn't mind upgrading the car and lowering the payment at the same time.
Was the dealer offering you a 2013 S or a 2013 SL ? There is a big difference in the price and features.

pksd1 said:
I am not looking for another $2500. Just hoping they update their records with the new leaf so I don't pay anything out of my pocket. I like email contact better so you have a paper trail just in case :?

I will report back when I get more info from the CVRP or the dealer (I will contact him sometime today).
CVRP will likely require you to pay back the prorated amount, and then allow you to file for a new rebate on the new car. The rules are set, and I'd be surprised if they can bend them. If you got the 5K rebate, that would make the new rebate only a little more than what you pay back. Still better than what you asked for.

BTW, I doubt there's any "early upgrade deal", although I'd love to be wrong. The dealer is probably just trying to sell you a new LEAF, and will do a normal payoff of your old lease, and write a new lease on the new car. I don't doubt they can lower your lease payment...the lease payments we got way back when were pretty high compared to what they offer now.

For me I am looking for SL. Would like to have leather and have to have a quick charge port. I am sure they can lower the payment as I remember I paid full MSRP for the car back then. Since the sales of LEAF have been less than stellar, I am sure Nissan and the dealers are willing to negotiate a better deal for customers. Dealer is going to get back to me with some numbers shortly. He said its possible to get SL and lower my payments with $0 down(by how much, yet to be seen).

As far as rebate is concerned, I am hoping CVRP would prorate the $5000 with me owing them $1600 and let me apply for a new $2,500 rebate.

Back