Early lease termination fee by Nissan for trade question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrIanB

I called Nissan and my early termination fee for my 2011 SL is $19,500. Does that mean that if the dealer can get at least $19,500 for my Leaf I can walk away and start a new lease or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Ian B

I am pretty sure that $19,500 is your lease buyout price aka early termination fee so the Leaf would be yours to do with as you please after its paid.

Spies said:
I am pretty sure that $19,500 is your lease buyout price aka early termination fee so the Leaf would be yours to do with as you please after its paid.

Spies;

It is not the end of lease buyout that you are referring to. That is a different number. After 12 months of payments into a Nissan/Infiniti lease, you can ask for an early termination fee and they will give it to you. That amount is less than my lease payments left and does not include the final buyout amount.

Ian B

MrIanB said:
It is not the end of lease buyout that you are referring to. That is a different number. After 12 months of payments into a Nissan/Infiniti lease, you can ask for an early termination fee and they will give it to you. That amount is less than my lease payments left and does not include the final buyout amount.

Ian B
It is the lease payoff price. You can get that when you login into your NMAC account.

To your orginal question the answer is yes. But, your dealer won't give you anywhere near that payoff price. There will be a gap of 3k or so.

evnow said:
MrIanB said:

Ian B
It is the lease payoff price. You can get that when you login into your NMAC account.

To your orginal question the answer is yes. But, your dealer won't give you anywhere near that payoff price. There will be a gap of 3k or so.

Ok, thanks for info.

Ian B

Back