DTCs/Service lights on at unpredictable intervals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearlesschicken

Hi, I have a 2011 Leaf with a 2018 (totalled car) 40 kwh battery swap done with a 2 port can-bridge and an ev-enhanced battery adapter cable.

While the car will drive fine during most times, I have had these DTCs pop up when stopped and once as soon as I turned on the car for the first time that day. I would then have:
  1. Put on the hazards and feel embarrassed being stuck in traffic
  2. Open up leafspy and read the codes
  3. Clear the EPS, BRAKE, ABS codes (usually in this order)
  4. Cycle off/on the car and hope its all cleared, if not repeat clearing of any codes
  5. Be able to drive again
  6. Drive for seemingly random miles and have it happen again at the next stop.
So far, I've replaced the 12v battery and keep a trickle charger on it often to keep it topped off. Other than that, I don't really know where to begin to troubleshoot this :(. Now it really gives me anxiety driving this car because I never know when these codes will pop! Help!

I believe the HV codes are related to the battery swap and are not causing issues (2011-2012: Some permanent fault codes on after battery upgrade · Issue #8 · dalathegreat/Nissan-LEAF-Battery-Upgrade). I am unsure of the L-ION code but they are persistent like the HV code.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 1.55.38 PM.png

Back