DTC Error C1A16-97 08

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat189

Hi,

I am getting DTC Error C1A16-97 08 on my 2022 Nissan Leaf. Is this a concern? I sent an email to the dealer and waiting for a reply. For the time being I wish to get an advice from someone else on this forum. Thanks

DTC-Error.jpg

I see you also have the Sonar, so that only applies to the back. The Radar would be the front part for Intelligent Cruise Control, Lane Stay, etc. It could be a fluke, but you will know for sure if you see any bright yellow error lights on the dash when you drive that has a picture of the two vehicles running into each other? That means either the front camera is being blinded (Sun, bright light, etc.) or could be the Radar is causing the Leaf concern that it can't tell how far away the vehicle in front of it is.

Hi Knightmb,

Yes, I had that yellow light that you described some weeks ago but it did not appear again. Does this error get stored and needs to be cleared manually or there is still a malfunction that needs to be looked at?

mat189 said:
Hi Knightmb,

Yes, I had that yellow light that you described some weeks ago but it did not appear again. Does this error get stored and needs to be cleared manually or there is still a malfunction that needs to be looked at?
Dala already answered the stored error question, but I will add that as Dala said, sometimes the sensor can be covered or interfered with. The most frequent times I've seen this error triggered can be during intense rain storms, very thick fog, or Radar jamming coming from another vehicle causing interference. Radar has a very specific frequency that is used and can be subject to interference just like a radio station or cell phone. I've seen the yellow error light come up (even though I wasn't using any pro-pilot features at that time) during those times and now that I check my LeafSpy, it did store the error which I never noticed before, but I guess that's what happens when LeafSpy gives you the power to see all the internal stuff going on and being about to see what the Leaf was keeping tracking of can make me a little paranoid that something is wrong, but over time you get used to it. :lol:

Back