drove my Leaf at -13F this morning !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often I just leave mine set for "defrost" with both the heat and A/C off with the fan on the lowest speed so the air blows across the windshield. It seems to help keep my feet warmer and the windshield clear as well.

The bottom of the door is definitively cold, and I can feel a bit of cold air entering under the door, but nothing major really. I may try to install an additional seal on the door bottom plastic trim.
The vent setting for floor heat only works great. As long as I don't use the recirculate setting, my windows won't frost. You are correct LeftieBiker, there a little heat making its way to the windshield, so I can keep the setting to floor heat all the time. This seems to be the best setting to fight the cold feet problem.
75 km of highway saturday. At legal speed (100 km/h) with low/moderate heating in Eco mode, it drained 90% of my battery. Minus 17 celcius is not good for autonomy!

Back