Driving in rain and wet weather? My first wet season starts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weylan said:
My first wet weather driving the leaf starts tomorrow.

Any thoughts?
Things to consider?

nothing different than any other car. Watch out for the first rain in CA as 5 months without any significant rain leaves a lot of oil on the road for the first rain and it will be slick out there.

what are the recommended ways to defog the windshield without running the heater much (or at all)?

I have had some luck with opening the window a bit to flush out the warm moist air. Running the AC on recirc could do the same thing. Poke the mode button to fire the air at the windshield instead of the front seats.

September said:
Heavy rain decreases range of car, so I guess keep more reserve than usual.
That's an important point. Up to 10% range impact can be expected on wet roads when driving in the rain. Cold ambient temperatures and the and the resistive heater will impact range further. If you were using an 80% charging timer, you might want to give the Leaf a 100% charge instead. Don't worry about using charging stations in wet conditions, they were specifically designed to work in such environments, and provide more than adequate safety level.

If there is a water on road do not do deeper than this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNHSxWMl7E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back