Drayson Racing's 850bhp, 200+ mph EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drivesolo

It is truly incredible how far EV technology has come since this 'Renaissance' over the past few years. I reckoned that it was going to be at least another decade before an EV could challenge an ICE in a pinnacle motor sports (albeit not yet there in range). Looks like its really not that far away.

lola-drayson-b12-69ev-628.jpg

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/01/13/drayson-racing-presents-850-hp-electric-racer-at-low-carbon-raci/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LTLFTcomposite said:
I would never want one because I heard that in a few years you have to replace the battery, and that's expensive.

Well, we all know EV's are like golf carts. I also head that they run people over because they are so quiet. And the use coal.

So, a coal burning, golf cart race car that kills people in the streets.

Wow! Very cool. I want one of those. What is the range with the current battery pack, I wonder? They mention how fast, but not how far. How long does the inductive charging take?

Did you see this in the comments?
"BAE Systems has been investigating and demonstrating structural batteries and capacitors as part of recent projects funded by the UK Ministry of Defense as well as by the private sector. The projects demonstrate the feasibility of generating multifunctional materials and methods to convert inert structural elements into load-bearing, energy-storage media."

So part of the structure of the car could now be storage media? How does that works in the "rubbing is racing" world? A little contact might then effect the battery capacity of the car, no?

TT

Back