Does a new battery increase value?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whittakerj

I have a 2017 leaf sv that I'm getting ready to sell. Prices seem all over the place and it only has 29k miles. The battery was warrantied so it has full life currently and is rated at 130 miles on a charge. KBB puts it at $10k with some used values as high as $20. My question is how much soes a new battery and 130 miles range impact the price on one of these?

Welcome. The less than simple answer is that a new battery raises the value for people who are experienced with EVs, and does little or nothing for the perceived value for those who are used to driving ICE vehicles. Ironically, a new battery can be perceived much like a new engine in an ICE: something like "My god, they must have really abused the car." I suggest that if you want to use the new battery as a selling point, then advertise the car in EV - oriented marketplaces.

KBB is woefully unprepared to do legit estimates on EVs, as they have no way of rating the battery, and go solely based on mileage, which we all now is only a small part of the story for an EV.

You say you got the battery warrantied, did the replace it with a 30kWh, or did you get the 40kWh?

Back