Does a Leaf stall when driving through water?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LEAF's battery pack is, as I understand it, pretty thoroughly sealed (and I suspect that's a big part of why the battery tends to overheat so badly). This video came from Nissan's site, and I always took it to represent a non-harmful test of the LEAF's ability to handle pretty deep puddles.

When it gets deep enough to flood the electronics (particularly with contaminated/salty water), then, yeah; the car's probably a goner.

Levenkay said:
... This video came from Nissan's site, and I always took it to represent a non-harmful test of the LEAF's ability to handle pretty deep puddles. ...
I certainly wouldn't assume that the test shown was non-harmful, especially over the long term. It didn't stall the car is about all you can take away from that.

There are areas in my development where the water tends to back up and flood during heavy rains, so I have had to plow my Leaf through a foot of water many times. The worst it has done is rip the plastic cover off the bottom of the car, because I was going too fast.

keydiver said:
There are areas in my development where the water tends to back up and flood during heavy rains, so I have had to plow my Leaf through a foot of water many times. The worst it has done is rip the plastic cover off the bottom of the car, because I was going too fast.

I also need to wade slowly through deep water in my neighborhood after storms (regardless of what vehicle I am driving). If I have to clean corrosion from some electrical connectors under the LEAF a few years from now, so be it. The LEAF is better than any regular passenger car for fording deep water.

Gerry

Back