Display will not retract in all the way into the console.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popak, as you know, you got the right fuse! Dave, I used Windex to clean the display. That may have been what caused the problem or it might have been the what they used at the car wash, hard to know. My guess is that it was the Windex.

I'm not entirely sure the issue will resolve itself with time. I left the fuse out overnight and after 18 hours the problem was still there. Not sure what the dealer did. At first the display would Open but it's behaved itself over the entire weekend.

Hopefully you guys won't have to lose the car for a couple of days.

The update to this is that I called the dealer this week to see where we stood. The Service Advisor I dealt with was not there but they said another would call me back. That was on Wednesday. I'll call next week and see what happens. At this point the console display is OK except every once in a while it opens when the car if off.

Service is most notable for being about the worst I've ever experienced.

SanDust said:
leafygreen said:
I cleaned the inside of my car, wiped down the display, opened it and closed it a few times to clean, but now it won't
stop opening and closing. When the car is turned off, it keeps opening and closing every few seconds, like the button
is stuck. When the car is turned on it works fine. I can open it and it stays open. I can close it and it stays closed
(at tilt position). I turn the car off and it closes all the way, then starts up again opening and closing. I tried the
"car reboot" procedure by disconnecting the 12 v battery, but when I hook it up again it keeps going.
Same identical thing here. Cleaned the inside. Now the display just keeps opening and closing when the car is Off. Works fine when the car in On. I never opened the display just wiped down the screen. I'm thinking some issue with moisture on the display.

Disconnecting the 12v didn't work. Since disconnecting didn't work twice, my guess is that the person who thought disconnecting the 12v worked just happened to waited long enough so the cycling resolved itself and that disconnecting the battery didn't actually do anything.

I ran it through the car wash earlier today, that's another possibility, but the cycling started a few minutes after wiping down the interior. It's not harming anything but I was worried about the 12v battery running down, so I just put tape across the Open/Close button. That stopped it.

UPDATE: After reading this thread I decided that the problem would probably resolve itself so I took off the tap. Viola, no more cycling. My conclusion is that the screen doesn't like moisture, which kicks on the Open/Close cycling, and if you just let it cycle on and off for an hour or so everything goes back to normal.

Same thing here except I can get the display to tilt with the car on when I turn the high beams on and off. So weird. Having Nissan look at it this Tuesday.

I have a similar problem of the display opening and closing every few seconds after I cleaned the inside of the car. It's been a few days and the problem is still there. Wondering if the only remedy was to replace the unit at the dealership.

Also, could you let me know how to do a "reboot" by disconnecting the 12V battery in case that works?

Thanks!

leafygreen said:
ok, I have a different problem, so I guess I should start a new thread, but I'll post here for now and see how it goes.

I cleaned the inside of my car, wiped down the display, opened it and closed it a few times to clean, but now it won't
stop opening and closing. When the car is turned off, it keeps opening and closing every few seconds, like the button
is stuck. When the car is turned on it works fine. I can open it and it stays open. I can close it and it stays closed
(at tilt position). I turn the car off and it closes all the way, then starts up again opening and closing. I tried the
"car reboot" procedure by disconnecting the 12 v battery, but when I hook it up again it keeps going.

Any suggestions? Has anyone seen any threads on this topic?

This happened to my 2012 leaf today. Has anyone been able to resolve without taking to dealership? It doesn't seem to be going away on its own and am fairly sure it is the cause of my drained 12v battery. This only happens when the car is off. I popped out the SD card half way to keep it from opening and closing overnight and draining the battery again. I know that's probably not the best fix but tape seems like it might cause it to malfunction longer...

My 2012 SL is also cycling open and close when the car is off.
It is possible that water dripped off umbrella while entering car during storm.
4 days and still doing it. first night is must have cycled all night and during the next work day until I was alerted to look for he cycling. Now I remove fuse 34 when parked.
I expect my dealer will want a good chunk of change to replace the whole unit.

Has anyone come up with an easy fix?

Back