Disabling CarWings/2G cellular modem now that it's useless

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amped said:
JimSouCal said:
Not so much worth the bother? But if it gets rid of the nag notice at every startup, might be worth a dealer trip... Anyone get the 2G disabled via the dealer and can report the nag goes or stays?

Got mine disabled today and I was disappointed that the nag was still there.
Thanks for the report...wasn't holding my breath...

I was told by a rep on the chat at the nissan owner portal today that I should get it disabled to save battery if I didnt intend to upgrade it. Do you think this would result in a big battery savings?

lorak said:
Do you think this would result in a big battery savings?

Absolutely not as this cellular modem is powered by the 12 volt battery and is a constant drain while the car is off with the "big battery" disconnected. When the car is ON it is powered by the system to recharge the 12 volt battery and however the power the modem takes is fairly nominal.

The dealership completed the P7332 update on my car when I took it in for a battery check. Hopefully it will not create any issues.

Does the Leaf P7332 service update involve removing cables? What cables? Anyone willing to ask their dealer to share a photo of the work done?

brycenesbitt said:
Does the Leaf P7332 service update involve removing cables? What cables? Anyone willing to ask their dealer to share a photo of the work done?

Not if done at the dealership. The consult tool is used to remotely turn off the TCU.

However, if you want to have your TCU deactivated, I'd recommend grabbing a phillips screwdriver and spending 15 minutes, rather than wasting your time at the dealership. You'll spend more time driving, waiting, and driving than you would just fixing it. I've written up how I disabled my TCU on my 2011 Leaf. I did this because THREE separate dealerships failed to disable the TCU, insisting that it had been done.

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=25949

lorak said:
I was told by a rep on the chat at the nissan owner portal today that I should get it disabled to save battery if I didnt intend to upgrade it. Do you think this would result in a big battery savings?

It will result in your 12V battery lasting longer while the car is off, if you leave it off for an extended period of time. This may result in your 12V battery sulfating less and therefore lasting longer before it has to be replaced.

It won't affect driving range.

Back