Did Carwings (or Consult III+) "rat out" my Battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
I could have done 170 miles if I had started with full capacity. (I'll post the photo shots later for those that are skeptical...lol). :mrgreen:

You are da Man!.. congratulations. Now you will have to repeat the run and post the 170 mile result :)

Herm said:
LEAFfan said:
I could have done 170 miles if I had started with full capacity. (I'll post the photo shots later for those that are skeptical...lol). :mrgreen:

You are da Man!.. congratulations. Now you will have to repeat the run and post the 170 mile result :)

Thanks Herm. I may have to wait until next year to do it. I wouldn't do it without the special banner on the back. Maybe that's why I wasn't stopped by two police cars that I passed by... :lol:

I have extensive experience examining almost all of the Leaf's systems, and I have yet to see any situation where Carwings is used to send diagnostic information. I can say with certainty that there IS extensive data collected by the Dealer's Consult III+ system that is sent back to Nissan using the automated ASIST system. (Along with any DTC data) I'm confident that the battery check is what resulted in this, which is the point of it.

If Nissan could monitor the battery or other systems in the Leaf via the telematics system, they wouldn't ask for an annual battery inspection.

If anyone is curious what data is sent to Nissan after the battery report, I have provided a sample here.

-Phil

Back