Delivery date : Saturday december 11th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
(Want a caravan to accompany you home ?)
Towing a caravan will really kill his range. Even a small one. ;)
Oh ... your British tendencies are showing (as are mine when I spell the word colour). Of course, I was not refering to the 4th definition from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caravan

malloryk said:
how are you getting an L3 charger? or did you mean L2? :)

D'oh! Dang it all these Washington, D.C. dealership contacts and blog updates must have my brain in weirdo-land!

Meanwhile, 14:12 hours in and still the dashboard is closed...

Checking the "Miles to Empty" on the dashboard and comparing it to the Nav's "Distance to Destination" can easily provide an EARLY warning that the e-fuel is being used up too quickly, giving the driver time to modify driving parameters (speed, heat/air) BEFORE the situation becomes critical.

If needed, "backup" re-charging locations could be at some previously-researched, willing-to-help, near-route dealers.

Nubo said:
Even worse is that they seem to be ignoring a major issue here -- that installation of L2 is proving problematic for many of their early adopters. Much less the far greater numbers of buyers they'll be looking to attract -- who are NOT already enthusiasts.

They can pretend this issue does not exist, and bypass you (not very honorable, Nissan!). And they can bypass all of the people who are having trouble getting chargers installed. . . . . . . . . . . . snip
What problem getting chargers (presuming you mean L2 J1772 powered plugs) . . . we put in a request with AV for an EVSE ... they brought it over at the appointed date (Nov 2) and installed it. It went pretty seamless, unless you count the fact that originally we'd rolled the cost into the Leaf finance/purchase. That fact went "POOF" on our dash board, so rather than let that become an issue possibly taking days or weeks to fix it ... we just paid cash.

Bottom line . . . Gudy can still get his on the 11th . . . and someone else too, if they want someone more media perfect (good looks - sexy - PV - EVSE - perfect perfect perfect you name it) there are folks out there, and in the assigned area(s). So Nissans issue(s) seem to be moot.

planet4ever said:
garygid said:
Probably AV does not want the "press" to reveal that one (many) can easily get by WITHOUT an installed EVSE! So, AV might be "pestering" Nissan to show an AV EVSE in the video.
Here's a variation on that theme that I thought of when I read hill's post filled with questions and suspicions. What if it wasn't Nissan who called gudy, but really AV pretending to be Nissan? I wouldn't put a hard sell past them.

+1 on AV calling, pretending to be Nissan. Don't think Nissan is that dumb to make that type of call. It seems typical for AV to try to muscle a customer, based on the reported AV install conversations on the forum. IMHO, Nissan's only real big mistake with the Leaf roll out was partnering with AV. In the long run, the rest is small stuff.

... and just spoke with Danny at Fontana and he stated that the first LEAF(s), yes plural, are at the Nissan dock in Long Beach already. Take off the swim fins and grab the Binoculars guys! Not sure how many but they are awaiting inspection by a technical staff flying in from Nashville and Japan. Following final inspection these car(s) will be cleared for delivery by Nissan and customers contacted (sans Gudy since he already knows his date). A much larger LEAF shipment is being loaded in Japan and must set sail before Opamma closes for the holidays on Dec 15th. Trans Pacific time would get it here around the end of Dec for Jan deliveries. Looks like a time line is firming up fast!

... and who lives near Long Beach with good eyes and can count? Those cars may be outdoors!!!

TRONZ said:
... and just spoke with Danny at Fontana and he stated that the first LEAF(s), yes plural, are at the Nissan dock in Long Beach already. Take off the swim fins and grab the Binoculars guys! Not sure how many but they are awaiting inspection by a technical staff flying in from Nashville and Japan. Following final inspection these car(s) will be cleared for delivery by Nissan and customers contacted (sans Gudy since he already knows his date). A much larger LEAF shipment is being loaded in Japan and must set sail before Opamma closes for the holidays on Dec 15th. Trans Pacific time would get it here around the end of Dec for Jan deliveries. Looks like a time line is firming up fast!

... and who lives near Long Beach with good eyes and can count? Those cars may be outdoors!!!

Similar to what I heard today:

There are cars in port at Long Beach. :D
Japanese engineers have landed to work with the local ones.
There has been an (undisclosed) issue with Carwings that has now been resolved.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1870

I may just drive into Long Beach tomorrow with binoculars and a ladder. :D

I just call it Long Beach as its generally the same terminals. Regarding a flyover. That is crazy airspace as all the SNA/LGB students practice their airwork out there. To many midairs to mention. If we knew LEAFs were out in the open it might be worth the risk and AvGas for a few decent shots.

Darn! The wife says NO! :cry:

TRONZ said:
Darn! The wife says NO! :cry:

I think this is what is known as a "don't ask, don't tell" situation

Looks like the lot is right next to Nissan Way and Yacht Drive - may not have any access controls on the roads to get somewhat close by car - at least I haven't found any on Google Maps yet.

TRONZ said:
Following final inspection these car(s) will be cleared for delivery by Nissan and customers contacted (sans Gudy since he already knows his date). A much larger LEAF shipment is being loaded in Japan and must set sail before Opamma closes for the holidays on Dec 15th. Trans Pacific time would get it here around the end of Dec for Jan deliveries. Looks like a time line is firming up fast!

I thought the cars had to have some of the accessories installed at the port before they're sent to the dealers. Does anyone know how long they'll be worked on at the port installing the accessories?

Here's what EVNOW posted about accessories:

Factory Installed Options

F01/CHA Quick Charge Option: $700 ($607)

Port Installed Accessories

Carpeted Mats - $170

Splash Guards - $140

Recycling/Organizational Package - $225

Cargo Cover - $290

Cargo Net - $20

Door Kick Plate - $125

Eco-Design Package - $260

Zero tailpipe means zero tailpipe emissions – a message worth getting out there. And with the Nissan LEAF eco-design package, you can. From your console to your rocker panel, the Nissan LEAF eco-design package says style with substance.

Protection Package - $225

Keep the appearance of your Nissan LEAF pristine with this protection package. Designed to fit flawlessly over nose and rear bumper, this clear vinyl coating provides a protective barrier between your LEAF's finish and the elements.

Features:

Nose protection
Rear bumper protection
Eco-friendly
Extremely lightweight

Safety Kit - $75

Of those that are listed as "port installed", they all seem really to be things that would usually be dealer installed with the possible exception of the Eco-design and Protection packages. But - EVNOW got the "port installed" tag from somewhere, so I guess the dealers are really doing anything?

Back