Dealer Added Accessories and Sketchy Dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3896

So I am half disappointed and half confused...

I just leased a 2015 S with the QC for $289/month, 24 months, 0 down, non-VPP in Atlanta. I came into the dealership and asked if they could match that price from another dealer (every other dealer in Atlanta was looking for $319 for the S WITHOUT QC).

Something the dealer said kind of threw me off but I was in a rush to go to work when I went to go pick up my car - there's a misconception with the QC and the superchargers (30 minute 80% fill ups) are only at Nissan dealerships.

I checked to make sure that my car had the QC and it did, but then it had me wondering about everything else, since this guy was trying to hustle me in and out the night before.

I checked the price tag and noticed that they had put on the Protection Package ($1195 which supposedly included Exterior Paint Protection with DuPont Teflon protection - listed under added by dealer), splash guards ($190), charge package ($1770), floor mats and cargo area mat ($180), recycling/organizational package ($230).

Should I be mad that the dealer included all of these accessories (other than QC since that's what I asked for) and it drove up the price for which I could have negotiated a lower price, or should I be happy that I got all of this for the rate I was going for?

chris3896 said:
I checked the price tag and noticed that they had put on the Protection Package ($1195 which supposedly included Exterior Paint Protection with DuPont Teflon protection - listed under added by dealer), splash guards ($190), charge package ($1770), floor mats and cargo area mat ($180), recycling/organizational package ($230).

Should I be mad that the dealer included all of these accessories (other than QC since that's what I asked for) and it drove up the price for which I could have negotiated a lower price, or should I be happy that I got all of this for the rate I was going for?

The protection package is a dealer add on that is 90+% profit for the dealer if they sell it at full price, but it sounds like they discounted it for you so I wouldn't worry.
The charge package is the QC port and the 6.6 kWh charger, so no problem there, that's what you wanted.

Most LEAFs get the floor/cargo mats, and honestly that is a nice feature - so much that I wonder why it isn't just standard (like it used to be on the 2011/2012s).
Splash guards and organizational package are optional Nissan accessories. I wouldn't pay for them myself, but if the dealer throws them in and the total price was much lower than any competing bids without them I wouldn't complain.

Yeah. Guy was just trying to rush me in and out of there without explaining anything. Had all the signs of a red flag so I was a little cautious when I got home and checked everything out. But I at the end of the day I got it for the rate I was shooting for so I guess it worked out. Thanks. Now to find more efficient ways to charge around town... Range anxiety begins as a new Leaf owner :shock:

Yeah he tried to rush me through it first night. Told him to hold off and wanted to go home to look at it and make sure everything was right. But even then next day he tried to push me through. He wasn't very knowledgable about the car itself so just wanted to see if I did alright.

Back