DAB radio on ze1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutsodeluxe

Hi again.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get DAB+ on the stereo in my 2019 ze1?
It seems strange that a top of the range model only 4 years old doesn't have this feature.
Here's the system in my car - any advice welcome!

Attachments

• 17087444944296031741833591847124.jpg
    17087444944296031741833591847124.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi...

My understanding of the DAB or DAB+ radio system is that it didn't get pushed by European regulations until late 2020, and eventually became standard in 2021. So, your 2019 Leaf probably doesn't have a DAB+ radio.

Unless you find something in your manual about your radio supporting DAB+, then you may end up having to use a DAB car radio adapter.

I understand that your car is imported from Japan according to another post you made. Japan does not have DAB broadcasts to my knowledge, so there would be no reason for Nissan to implement this feature on cars sold in Japan. As mentioned above, a DAB-adapter is the easiest way to go.

I understand that your car is imported from Japan according to another post you made. Japan does not have DAB broadcasts to my knowledge, so there would be no reason for Nissan to implement this feature on cars sold in Japan. As mentioned above, a DAB-adapter is the easiest way to go.
Thanks for that - I assumed everyone used DAB, but maybe it's a mainly European thing.

It is an European thing, but there are other countries that use DAB too. However, two notable exceptions are Japan and the US. There are some import of US-cars (including US-spec Leafs) into Europe, and you run into the same problem there.

Weirdly, our Japanese import e+X has DAB option on the dash computer, but not in the headset UI. It doesn't work regardless, but I'm not sure which unit is confused

Hi again.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get DAB+ on the stereo in my 2019 ze1?
It seems strange that a top of the range model only 4 years old doesn't have this feature.
Here's the system in my car - any advice welcome!
I have a 2011 Leaf here in Cheshire, UK. It has a low mileage (22,000) and is in very good condition. Jap import. No inbuilt DAB or DAB+ radio. The audio system has Bluetooth and pairs very easily with my android phone. I can turn on mobile data and then get DAB or DAB+ stations via the internet. However that tends to drain my data allowance and is surprisingly expensive so I prefer to have it switched off on my phone. My son recently bought a Nulaxy FM transmitter which was only £16 as he wanted to use Bluetooth in his car which did not have it. I examined this gizmo and noticed it also had an AUX input. (Actually my Leaf has an AUX input as well but I never got it to work). I have a small DAB+ radio - Silvercrest from Lidl which was about £24. Bingo - by using a wire from this mobile radio into the FM transmitter I was able to get DAB+ radio over the Leaf's speakers. The Nulaxy unit plugs into the 12V plug under the head unit. It also has a USB port for charging and the Leaf has one of those as well. There are quite a few of these small DAB+ radios available now. About the size of 2 phones stuck together. I use rechargeable AA batteries and it has FM (and 5V USB input eg from power bank) as well. Useful in the garage too.

Back