CVRP rebate (CA) ran out for this fiscal year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenleaf

At the current burn rate, it looks like the CVRP rebate (California) of $2500 for BEV ($2,210,774 as of now) will be exhausted in the next 7 days or so. New funding, if any, will only come in the next fiscal year.

Does anyone know if the fund will be topped up and people who didn't get a rebate will be able to apply later? I believe that was how things were back in 2011.

Here's the link

http://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-project-statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$2,145,274 available as of now. The number appears to be updated in real-time.

smkettner said:
Is that available for new claims? My money should be already reserved and paid in 90 days, yes?
This is correct. Once you submit a claim, the money is "reserved" pending documentation. The $2.1m is for new claims.

Just saw this from another forum:

California Runs Out of Clean Vehicle Rebate Funds for ZEVs and Plug-ins - Consumers Buying These Vehicles Will Now Be Added to a Waiting List
CNCDA just received word that the California Air Resources Board (CARB) will suspend rebates of up to $2,500 under the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program TODAY. Buyers of these vehicles who complete applications will be added to a waiting list for $5 million in additional funding. Eligibility for federal rebates are not affected by this announcement.

Beyond the additional $5 million already allocated (which at current sales volume could last for less than 30 days), consumers added to the waiting list likely must await funding to be approved by CARB and as part of the state budget to be adopted this summer. Though we believe that that this program will receive additional funding, there is no guarantee that it will. Potential electric vehicle customers should be made aware of this fact. Rebates from the waiting list won't be paid until late September at the earliest, according to CARB.

So, this is what we have to look forward to in MA? They'll be rolling out a $2500 rebate this summer, based on the CA model, but it's initial funding is only $2M. If the cars are all BEVs, that's only 800 cars!

I hope they figure it out, I'd like it be there in November when I re-lease.

From Dianne Whitmire on RAV4 EV group:

California Runs Out of Clean Vehicle Rebate Funds for ZEVs and Plug-ins

Consumers Buying These Vehicles Will Now Be Added to a Waiting List

CNCDA just received word that the California Air Resources Board (CARB) will suspend rebates of up to $2,500 under the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program TODAY. Buyers of these vehicles who complete applications will be added to a waiting list for $5 million in additional funding. Eligibility for federal rebates are not affected by this announcement.
Beyond the additional $5 million already allocated (which at current sales volume could last for less than 30 days), consumers added to the waiting list likely must await funding to be approved by CARB and as part of the state budget to be adopted this summer. Though we believe that that this program will receive additional funding, there is no guarantee that it will. Potential electric vehicle customers should be made aware of this fact. Rebates from the waiting list won't be paid until late September at the earliest, according to CARB.

Wow, I just looked at the available funds for this last night and there was still close to $2M left or enough for at least 500 more cars.

Did someone go and buy a whole bunch of plug-ins today?

This URL used to show the amount of available funds:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Google cache from Mar 27, 2014 17:56:59 GMT showed $1,994,774 - that's enough for almost 800 EVs - probably quite a few more since many cars are PHEVs.

Now it redirects here:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And says:

If you applied on or after March 28, 2014, you will receive your rebate check in September 2014.

Major bummer for anyone who bought today or the last day or two and though they'd have the weekend to apply/reserve their rebate.

drees said:
Wow, I just looked at the available funds for this last night and there was still close to $2M left or enough for at least 500 more cars.

Did someone go and buy a whole bunch of plug-ins today?

This URL used to show the amount of available funds:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Google cache from Mar 27, 2014 17:56:59 GMT showed $1,994,774 - that's enough for almost 800 EVs - probably quite a few more since many cars are PHEVs.

Now it redirects here:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And says:

If you applied on or after March 28, 2014, you will receive your rebate check in September 2014.

Major bummer for anyone who bought today or the last day or two and though they'd have the weekend to apply/reserve their rebate.
There was about $1.5m left when the plug was pulled this afternoon. Not sure the reason why. Maybe they wanted to avoid problems if they had mis-tracked the funds.

greenleaf said:
There was about $1.5m left when the plug was pulled this afternoon. Not sure the reason why. Maybe they wanted to avoid problems if they had mis-tracked the funds.
If that were the case, why postpone all payments until September? Can't take that long to figure out, they must be making changes to the program.

Still, it appears pretty clear that even if you apply today, you will get the rebate, you just won't get it until after September.

Back