Cracker Barrel Finished Adding Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipscoggins

I was in Cincinnati last month helping a friend get her new LEAF and asked the salesman about local charging, knowing already that Cincinnati has very few Level 2 stations and no level 3s. He told us that by the end of 2014 all Cracker Barrels, nation wide, would have level 2 charging stations and that Whole Foods was on track to do the same thing.

I work in the media and shot off an email to Cracker Barrel's media relations department asking for confirmation. This is what I got \/

Thank you for reaching out to Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores Media Relations mailbox.

We have no plans to add any more charging stations to our Cracker Barrel locations at this time.

Warm regards,
Cracker Barrel Media Relations

Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 10:44 AM
To: Media Relations
Subject: EV charging question

Hello, I am a member of the media, who also happens to drive an electric car, and have a question about Cracker Barrel's participation in expanding America's charging infrastructure.

I was recently at King's Nissan in Cincinnati, OH with a friend who was purchasing her Nissan LEAF. The salesman was telling her about the charging opportunities in the Cincinnati area and added that by the end of 2014 all Cracker Barrel restaurants would have level 2 charging stations. I told him that I hadn't heard about that plan, but he assured me that it was happening. Can someone confirm or deny this plan? I doubt that all Cracker Barrels plan to do this, but would love for it to be true.

Thank you,

Philip Scoggins

Sorry to hear it, the Level 3 chargers spread along the interstates at Cracker Barrels in TN are very handy. It would be nice to see more come along. I guess they were all placed there by Ecotality and that money's long gone. Oh well and one more point for well informed salesmen :eek:

Back