Converting Japanese Import Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombutler

Hi,

I have been looking at importing a Leaf from Japan to the UK, I have been having problems with finding out how to change the car from kmh to mph and also changing the Japanese language. I had originally been after buying a UK model Leaf, but with around £5000 / $6500 budget, I have been having problems finding a decent car for that money. I mean, Just look at this picture below:
Pp1Z5N.jpg

This was advertised for £7000 / $9000!

So I can get a better car for the money from Japan, as long as I can convert it. The most important thing is the kmh/mph conversion, as without that I cannot register it. As far as I know, Leafs made for Japan market cannot be changed in the menu system, but they can be changed with can bus commands. Though everyone is being very tight lipped about this procedure, it seems very common in New Zealand. Does anyone know anyone in the UK that maybe can help?

Cheers,
Dom.

Unfortunately, MNL is US-centric with a few folks from outside the US.

I don't off the top of my head know the best UK Leaf forum but maybe check https://www.speakev.com/forums/nissan-leaf24-leaf30.130/ and poke around there to see if there are others.

Sorry... the # of folks who might know here is very small.

Back