Climate Control Timer not starting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlin

Hello: I have a 2013 SV and an Aeroviroment L2 EVSE. Last winter, I used the CC timer to preheat the car in the morning. It worked fine. When winter ended, I simply turned off the timer. This year, I turned the timer back on. But when I get to the car in the morning, a couple of minutes after the scheduled departure time, the car is ice cold. I went back and checked the settings, everything looked ok. The timer is turned on, temp set at 85 degrees. The departure time is correct, and set for every week day. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

ianlin said:
Hello: I have a 2013 SV and an Aeroviroment L2 EVSE. Last winter, I used the CC timer to preheat the car in the morning. It worked fine. When winter ended, I simply turned off the timer. This year, I turned the timer back on. But when I get to the car in the morning, a couple of minutes after the scheduled departure time, the car is ice cold. I went back and checked the settings, everything looked ok. The timer is turned on, temp set at 85 degrees. The departure time is correct, and set for every week day. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Funny you should mention this. I haven't used my timer in a long time, and turned it on for a 6:20p departure. When I got the car it was stone cold, the climate timer hadn't run. I just ignored it.

I'll test it again and see.

This afternoon I reset the CC timer to 15 minutes ahead of current time. Then I sat in the car to wait for it to start.
It did start. But it only circulated cold, unheated air.

I then used my phone to remotely start the Climate Control. Again, it did start, but only circulated cold air.

Can this be a software bug? My Leaf has no history of damage. It has been brought into dealership only once: for battery check, tire rotation and software update. This software update occurred after last winter, when I last used CC timer.

Anyone else can report similar issues?

Charge timer has priority. That is not the issue though. My Leaf is usually done charging by 8-9 PM. CC Timer does not kick in until 7:20 AM next day.
Besides, as I stated in my second post, my tests show the problem is not CC timer fails to kick in. It starts fine, but adds no heat, only circulates cold air.

epirali said:
ianlin said:

Funny you should mention this. I haven't used my timer in a long time, and turned it on for a 6:20p departure. When I got the car it was stone cold, the climate timer hadn't run. I just ignored it.

I'll test it again and see.

Ok tried again today, set departure time to 6:20p, at 6:10p climate control had not turned on yet. What is going on here? There is no conflict with charge timer, as I had charger time end at 5:50p....

ianlin said:

Helo,
I have a similar problem. Problems begun by setting heating time, which did not work (approximately 3 weeks), then heating worked with reduced power (max 1-1,5 kW) in the end it stopped working. Now, again magically works with reduced power, but heating on time still does not work. On Friday, I will drive on the Service and will report whats is with that.
Greetings

I have the very same problem. 2013 Nissan Leaf S. Heater works fine when manually turned on. When I set for 5:50 am — nothing. I have triple checked the CC settings to be sure they are correct. Not sure what is going on. Would really like to have a warm car and not have to scrape ice off the windows when I go to leave in the morning !

It may be worthwhile to check the health of the 12V battery. It might be insufficient to activate the heater relay when the car is off, but once the car is in "ready" mode the DC-DC converter supplies enough power to engage it.

Back