Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lukati said:
redLEAF said:
Weatherman said:
Did you get a VIN in the 15000s? I’m starting to see MY2012 VINs in the 16000s show up in dealer inventory lists out in California.

in the 152xx's -- the comment above assumes about a 37 day journey to my dealer; I suppose this is reasonable for port unloading and dock prep as well as a holiday in between, I guess this shows how long a journey the car takes from Japan to the midwest
I am in the 156xx range.

On the "owner" site there is an "Edit/Add Vehicle Information" tab. Is anyone able to configure the color of their car? My color tabs are inactive. I also tried to log into my account via the android LEAF phone app, but was unable to. Probably need a car first. ;)

Needed to go back to this comment as at least its encouraging that other 'stuff' is getting populated on CARWINGS even though Nissan added some days to my delivery estimate --- now they show the interior color (of course one default value as we all know) and they also show a drop down of values for the car colors (they 'know' my car color is Cayenne Red) -- both these areas were grayed out before. I'd like to eventually see an app' for the Windows Phone 7.5 but as my son downloaded the one for the iPhone (on his iPod Touch) I can live with this for now. I still wonder exactly were my car is as I have a VIN but as always I guess we need some patience.

redLEAF said:
..... now they show the interior color (of course one default value as we all know) and they also show a drop down of values for the car colors (they 'know' my car color is Cayenne Red) -- both these areas were grayed out before.

+1

redLEAF said:
I still wonder exactly were my car is as I have a VIN but as always I guess we need some patience.

Conventional wisdom has it that our cars are already in the US by the time we see our VIN. So maybe the discrepancy comes from the additional options being built into our cars at the port. Mine is a basic SV with only floor and cargo mats. Little actual work at the port might be the ticket for an early truck. Still, you should get your car before me.

Mine is still week of Dec 5th. Could installing charger through Nissan/AeroV give some customers priority?

Tardis said:
Mine is still week of Dec 5th. Could installing charger through Nissan/AeroV give some customers priority?
That does look like the only significant difference between redLeaf and my orders. I don't understand how that would factor into the VIN situation though. The only thing I can thank of in that case, is the fact that at one time he had a November date, and a VIN was released to him when he came within 1 month of delivery.

I wonder if we can correlate the people with VIN's to the people have had November delivery dates in their dashboard at any time in the process?

bigtlb said:
Tardis said:
That does look like the only significant difference between redLeaf and my orders. I don't understand how that would factor into the VIN situation though. The only thing I can thank of in that case, is the fact that at one time he had a November date, and a VIN was released to him when he came within 1 month of delivery.

I wonder if we can correlate the people with VIN's to the people have had November delivery dates in their dashboard at any time in the process?

On the question of the charger install ... should NOT have any difference at all according to Nissan CS as I asked for and received a waiver to avoid the assessment charge through the online ordering system; they don't even ask why, they just grant it if asked. Others on the forum that had 'month of November' in Tier 2 states would probably be the best bet although IL seems to still be towards the tale end (VA, NC being first).

redLEAF said:
prolix74 said:
redLEAF said:
Not simply to create more posts but might be good to recap those here in Chicagoland (including our friends throughout IL which are always welcome) who have their VIN's which may (or not) be the closest to taking actual delivery; hopefully soon this will switch to "Chicagoland LEAF sightings"; as some are infrequent posters I may send a PM to see if they'll respond (listed not in any particular order), by all means post an update here if your status has changed; this is also NOT to slight those who do not have their VIN's yet but just to see where we're at as I only count 6 VIN's so far:

chijayhawker -- bowed out
bigtlb -- no VIN
dutchinchicago -- no VIN
dino -- no VIN
joleta -- (only 2 posts -- assume no VIN)
bzzzzz -- (nothing in awhile -- assume no VIN)
leafinthepark (appears to be from MN, not IL)
lukati -- VIN !!!
prolix74 --- bowed out
YashuV -- VIN !!!
scottf200 -- Volt owner
wcbrauneis --- VIN !!!
radryan --- VIN !!! - Bloomington, IL

ualdriver -- Volt owner ?
portableal -- few posts ??
Tardis -- VIN !!!
tech01 -- no VIN
redLEAF --- VIN !!!
benleafexpert -- Thomas Nissan Joliet, dealer rep

If we missed some 'lurkers' make your first post if you're getting close !!

I am still in it. Like many others, I have a date (week of Dec 5th) but not much else to go on. I will be sure to reply when I get some movement.

Sorry, saw your post back on 9/19 and with the search on the forum didn't see it was your comment on 'chijayhawker' and not yourself; will edit original on the above, assume no VIN yet

Hi folks! willnotbuygas - no vin >> delivery says "month of December, 2011"

How are you folks finding out your VIN?

redLEAF said:
Not simply to create more posts but might be good to recap those here in Chicagoland (including our friends throughout IL which are always welcome) who have their VIN's which may (or not) be the closest to taking actual delivery; hopefully soon this will switch to "Chicagoland LEAF sightings"; as some are infrequent posters I may send a PM to see if they'll respond (listed not in any particular order), by all means post an update here if your status has changed; this is also NOT to slight those who do not have their VIN's yet but just to see where we're at as I only count 6 VIN's so far:

chijayhawker -- bowed out
bigtlb -- no VIN
dutchinchicago -- no VIN
dino -- no VIN
joleta -- (only 2 posts -- assume no VIN)
bzzzzz -- (nothing in awhile -- assume no VIN)
leafinthepark (appears to be from MN, not IL)
lukati -- VIN !!!
prolix74 --- no VIN
YashuV -- VIN !!!
scottf200 -- Volt owner
wcbrauneis --- VIN !!!
radryan --- VIN !!! - Bloomington, IL

ualdriver -- Volt owner ?
portableal -- few posts ??
Tardis -- VIN !!!
tech01 -- no VIN
redLEAF --- VIN !!!
willnotbuygas -- no VIN
benleafexpert -- Thomas Nissan Joliet, dealer rep

If we missed some 'lurkers' make your first post if you're getting close !!

added a few; welcome to the new forum members as well, anyone else from IL ? It's getting to the point where I'm checking the ordering site daily so I know what the folks on the west coast went through -- perhaps I should post something on the TN thread but did we ever get confirmation that our cars are coming from the west coast or east coast ? -- I know TN is considered a bit south but more centrally located than say the Carolina's or VA so perhaps their experience on time from the port may be similar (or perhaps not). We also hear about cars suddenly showing up regardless of what the delivery estimates say so I guess its anyone's guess -- have VIN and CARWINGS, have charger installed, trade-in pre-approved, IL paperwork for plates, etc. in hand, just waiting for the call. I've also been checking the Sunday papers for Nissan dealer's ad's -- still no LEAF's mentioned which seemed surprising ?? Would assume those with December delivery dates have driven dealer demo's as well ??

Dino said:
Got my VIN today. 15247

Congrats ... my VIN is less than 10 digits earlier than yours but we've seen fluctuations in the 100's depending on color and SV versus SL series; perhaps they'll arrive on the same car carrier ? -- updated original post, now stand at 7 with VIN's

Still have Week of Dec 5th. I never had Month of Nov on my dashboard. Also have no floor mats just cargo net and splash guards. I don't know if those are dealer install or port install. But it could be possible that if they are dealer install mine may just roll off of boat onto truck and not stop for port install. Who know just guessing and have no data to support that other than no change in Delivery date(which now that I have said something will probably change tomorrow).

willnotbuygas said:
lukati said:
willnotbuygas said:
How are you folks finding out your VIN?
The "enable CARWINGS" tab opens up and you can then enter the Nissan Owner Portal.

Got it! -016617

Woo-hoo! A VIN means a car "exists" at least on paper! Thanks for the tip!

Is that right a 16617 VIN ? I heard that some might be in the 16000's range but I think this is the first we've seen for the Chicago area; probably should expect it as we've seen both 152xx, 156xx and 159xx ?

I received an unexpected call from CS this afternoon. For a split second I thought they would be letting me know that I could pick up my car, but then it turned out to be just a quality control call on some previous contact I had.

I learned the following new information. My car is currently in port 44, which she identified as Long Beach. It had just recently arrived there, which means I must have had my VIN before the car made port. And I am scheduled to receive it in the time frame December 6-December 12 (my dashboard currently says December 5). So I guess it is only a matter of time until my dashboard makes another jump backwards. But, in about a month from now ...... :)

redLEAF said:
Is that right a 16617 VIN ? I heard that some might be in the 16000's range but I think this is the first we've seen for the Chicago area; probably should expect it as we've seen both 152xx, 156xx and 159xx ?

Yes. -16617 delivery date still says "month of December, 2011" I think I'd be January based on when I ordered but I reserved very early so maybe that helps.

Or, maybe, they're using different VIN series for SL versus SV?

Back