Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigtlb said:
Bumped to the week of Dec 1st again, they must be fine tuning when the car carriers are going to arrive in Illinois. :)
Same here. December 1.

I did a quick search on cars.com. Quite a few 2011 dealer demos are listed for sale in the Chicagoland area for $36,370.
Assuming they are all SL with quick charge and winter package that would be an MSRP of $35,350 (33,720+700+930). Not sure where the remaining $1K is coming from. Adding up all available options comes to $1,530. So it is possible that they are being sold at MSRP.

I made some calls on these 2011 and it seamed to confirm what I had heard before and that was these appear to be the dealer demos and they cannot be sold at this point. When I asked about these 2011's I was told they were not for sale I had to go thru the order process.

radryan said:
Long time Lurker but figured I had better post since my delivery date seams to be(at this moment) a little in front of some others here. I am about 2 hours south of Chicago but this appears to be the closest regional discussion. My dealer is in springfield so I guess the truck is rolling from south to north. My vin is 158xx and I have car wings enabled.

Hopefully someone else welcomed you to the forum but if not Welcome !! :D -- assuming '2 hours South of Chi-town' would put you in Champaign-Urbana area? Buying it in Springfield would seem to put you on the fringe of range to drive it home?

Have you been reading about the Mitsubishi -i ramp up in Normal as well ??

It's great to know that we'll see LEAF's in other parts of IL and perhaps when they offer more recharging options we'll even see more travel between cities as well --

For me, still 'week of Dec 5'; have a VIN and CARWINGS enabled

I'm a newbie. I've been to the Elgin library to see EV's. Ordered a silver Leaf 9/29/11. Jan-12 delivery as a 2012 model. Ordered a Schnieder charge station from Home Despot 10/31/11. The are now experienced at the store in Batavia (lowest sales tax rate I could find locally 6.5% ). The station was $799.00 I hope I didn't get gouged too bad !
My other cars are: 2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2003 Acura CL-S. Both are 6speed manuel trans. Boss is spectacularly bad in snow.
My dealer is McGrath in Elgin. After all the buying rigamarole, My salesman wanted to drive the boss. He now uses it as his screensaver. the other salesmen all came over for a quality bsing session.
We will have questions about cold performance 0degrees. Are snow tires indicated how bad is range affected. Hope to see some replies soon.

Thanks for the welcome. I am actually in Bloomington, which is across the street from Normal. Don't believe the hype on the Mits, they aren't having a huge pick up in the town(I think it will be a stretch for them to sell more than a couple hundred let alone 1000). The chargers aren't up to snuff either, they have like 10 chargers but they are all Level 1(so basically 120 outlets in front of a parking space) and most of them are in within 2 miles of each other downtown on ISU campus. So that will be like drips in the puddle not the fire hose I would want and not really a large infrastructure build out. I am about 75 miles out from the pickup dealer to my house mostly highway so I will be experiencing range anxiety on my first day! I have a route that takes me thru a couple of towns so hopefully that will give me the range I need get home. I will be looking for an outlet 5 or so miles from home in case I get close. Worst comes to worst I can rent a trailer and tow it behind my armada(as the crowd cringes that would be a site huh!)

Speaking of charging stations :)
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/progs/ind_state.php/IL/ELEC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is goverment controled website that shows all charging stations in Illinois, level 1,2 and DC, currently there isn't any DC charging station. But there are a lot of level 2. In my city of Des Plaines we have 2 charging stations. When you click on "details" it shows you exactly what level and how many "pumps" they have.

My communication with starbucks:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

I think that your request for L3 charges at our stores is a great idea. What I am going to do is forward this to our development team for their consideration.

We definitely want to provide items for a wide variety of customers, and we always want to hear what you think would improve your experience with Starbucks. I appreciate you letting me know how much customers would enjoy this.

I would also like to invite you to visit http://www.MyStarbucksIdea.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This website is a forum where you can share your ideas, tell us what you think of other people's ideas and join the discussion that will help shape Starbucks future. Many of the ideas shared have already been turned into action.

Thank you so much Paul for giving us the opportunity to improve what we do.

If there are any questions or concerns that I have not been able to address, please don’t hesitate to call us at 800 STARBUC (782-7282), we are here Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM (PST).

Thank you again,

Jesus P
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

--- Original Message ---
Received: 11/1/11 1:49:07 PM MDT
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: other

Hi, next month I will be receiving my Electrical Car. The car has a 70 mile range so as long as I stay within 35 miles of my home I am fine. When I want to go for a longer trip I will be looking for Level 3 chargers. A level 3 charger allows my car to be charger in about 30 minutes. This is a perfect for a Starbucks visit. Have a coffee with donut, air the kids and continue with the journey. It would be great if you would consider placing L3 charger at strategic stores close to major routes between Chicago and the most frequent holiday destinations. You would be virtually guaranteed any customer that drives an electrical car. This would fit very well with the green image your company already has.

=========================================================

Name: Paul Beerkens
Event Date: 2011-11-01
Event Time:
Store Location:

I have to say, that the more of us will write an e mail to this guy from Starbucks, the more they will lean toward the idea. I already talked to the owners of Tony's Finer Foods, and they said they will consider that as well.

Agreed -- EV chargers can be placed just about anywhere where you have parking and access to electricity versus 'gas' stations which require storage tanks, etc. so they really lend themselves to being another service for companies to draw in customers -- there are two L2 chargers at a Walgreen's on Dundee in Palatine, haven't seen them in use yet but with more LEAF's and Volts running around perhaps soon!

Just wanted to let all the current and prospective Leaf owners know, that besides the $500 discount off MSRP that Thomas Nissan of Joliet is offering for new orders, we are also offering Free Charging at our Charging Stations...no matter where you purchased your Leaf :) Just doing our part to help the people that are helping our planet. Also if you guys have any questions, please feel free to call or text me, or just stop by.

Ben Rosenberg
EV Sales Leader & Sales Manager

Thomas Nissan of Joliet
1427 N Larkin Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
815-741-5353 Work
619-818-7975 Cell

benleafexpert said:
Just wanted to let all the current and prospective Leaf owners know, that besides the $500 discount off MSRP that Thomas Nissan of Joliet is offering for new orders, we are also offering Free Charging at our Charging Stations...no matter where you purchased your Leaf :) Just doing our part to help the people that are helping our planet. Also if you guys have any questions, please feel free to call or text me, or just stop by.

Ben Rosenberg

Thomas Nissan of Joliet
1427 N Larkin Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
815-741-5353 Work
619-818-7975 Cell

"benleafexpert" -- so when is your first LEAF customer delivery expected? It appears that most Chicagoland dealer's will get theirs early next month (mine changed from 'month of November' to 'week of December 5"; while a few others (at least on this forum) are Dec 1 or 2) ?? While at my dealer this past Monday, my status was 'in-transit' (on ship, not yet docked by I do have my VIN and have CARWINGS activated); interesting comment from the GM at the dealer was that he expected his to be trucked in from the west coast and not the east coast -- any comments or updates from a dealer perspective always of interest from forum members -- too bad those this far in the process along can't change dealer's but those in the quote phase will appreciate your offer

An exact date is yet to be determined, I would expect the beginning to end of December, but from my experiences in San Diego, I know that delays happen. We actually had some customers greasing the pockets of dock workers to get their Leaf on the transport trucks first...I guess we have to just wait and see.

Ben

redLEAF said:
benleafexpert said:

Ben Rosenberg

Thomas Nissan of Joliet
1427 N Larkin Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
815-741-5353 Work
619-818-7975 Cell

"benleafexpert" -- so when is your first LEAF customer delivery expected? It appears that most Chicagoland dealer's will get theirs early next month (mine changed from 'month of November' to 'week of December 5"; while a few others (at least on this forum) are Dec 1 or 2) ?? While at my dealer this past Monday, my status was 'in-transit' (on ship, not yet docked by I do have my VIN and have CARWINGS activated); interesting comment from the GM at the dealer was that he expected his to be trucked in from the west coast and not the east coast -- any comments or updates from a dealer perspective always of interest from forum members -- too bad those this far in the process along can't change dealer's but those in the quote phase will appreciate your offer

Another delivery date change ... 2 days added now "week of December 7" perhaps others will see something this AM as I checked yesterday and was still December 5th ?

I do have my VIN and CARWINGS but perhaps the car has actually 'landed' at the port ... this morning I'm going to get another appraisal on the car that the LEAF will replace so was hoping for a delivery sooner than later as they may want that car TODAY to close the deal. At least it looks like we'll make it before year end (preferred for tax purposes as we will not be leasing).

redLEAF said:
Another delivery date change ... 2 days added now "week of December 7" perhaps others will see something this AM as I checked yesterday and was still December 5th ?...

Mine moved from Dec 1st to Dec 5th. Still no CARWINGS. :cry:

bigtlb said:
redLEAF said:
Another delivery date change ... 2 days added now "week of December 7" perhaps others will see something this AM as I checked yesterday and was still December 5th ?...

Mine moved from Dec 1st to Dec 5th. Still no CARWINGS. :cry:
Same change of date as well. December 5. One month to go.....

What are you guys doing about plates? I contacted my dealer the other day and he told me that I will drive off with temporary plates with the special Illinois EV plates coming in the mail at some later date. Is that what you are being told as well?

Back